Low sound output in win 7

kur1j

Gawd
So I had the same exact issue when I went to Vista. Before I ever figure it out I switched back to XP and I didn't have any problems. Now I am on Windows 7 and am having the same issue.

I have all of the sliders all set to max. I have the sound drivers installed for my motherboard P6T (SoundMax card in it) all of the setting should be good.

I could run the speakers at a setting of 25-30 for normal listening. Now I am having to run them at 55-60 to just have normal listening. I still have windows XP installed on my other drive and I can boot back into windows XP and leave it on the same setting and it is a LOT louder in XP.

Any ideas?

Update your audio drivers. Also, what player are you using? Try Media Player Classic or VLC for video, or Foobar2000 for music.

Update your audio drivers. Also, what player are you using? Try Media Player Classic or VLC for video, or Foobar2000 for music.

I have the most up to date drivers I can find (ones from the motherboard site).

Winamp, youtube videos, iTunes. All the same and in all of them I have to turn the settings up 15-20 to get the same volume.

I know it isn't just me as I got my dB meter and a setting of 55 on my speakers in Win 7 playing the same song in the same software is roughly 8-10dB louder in XP, which to me is a good bit.

Back