Low resource antivirus?

awdark

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anyone know which antivirus uses the fewest resources and cpu?
I used Norton but got tired of that then switched over to Kaspersky, unfortunately it tends to make my hdd grind and grind as it scans (when you click a file, not when scanning for viruses... it also makes videos take forever to start.

awdark said:
Does anyone know which antivirus uses the fewest resources and cpu?
I used Norton but got tired of that then switched over to Kaspersky, unfortunately it tends to make my hdd grind and grind as it scans (when you click a file, not when scanning for viruses... it also makes videos take forever to start.

Symantec Antivirus (AKA Norton Antivirus Corporate)

NAV 2005 is bloated and is somewhat a memory hog, but the corporate version is much different and uses little resources.

Thank you, I am running NOD32 right now and I am liking it!

For example double clicking a episode of naruto used to take a few seconds (I don't count, just care about HDD grinding) before it starts, now it just opens ^_^

Im not sure if NAV Corporate has a demo so haven't tried yet.

Last note, NOD32 hates Azerus. Trying to get anime kicks javaw.exe into 100% CPU. In the internet scanner, make it exclude the scan of javaw.exe and it will not murder you. ;)

I really like NOD32, but I am currently running kaspersky and I do not have any of the issues that you experienced. Right now it is using 9megs.

Back