• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Low profile sound card ?

BoBo 007

Gawd
Joined
Jan 8, 2002
Messages
940
Well further proof that no good deed goes unpunished.
A friend asked me to upgrade his daughter’s machine to windows XP and it has been a huge pain.
Now the only issue left is that the audio breaks up during disk activity.
I disabled the onboard and stuffed in a PCI card and it works great, but I can’t use it,
Because the machine is an old Netvista X40 all-in-one only has low profile PCI slots.
So things being the way they are, I can’t find a CHEAP low-profile sound card !
Would rather NOT use external USB, but if I cant find a CHEAP PCI I’ll have to.
need a little help here
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
cool, I was looking at that creative card on Newegg wondering if I could cut down the bracket but wasnt sure it would fit !
Now that I know it will, I hunt Ebay for a deal.....
Thanks !
 
Back
Top