Low Profile HD 7750 ?

It took 7 months for the 6670 low profile card to come out even though there was one shown at luanch. We haven't even seen a picture of a low profile 7750 yet, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Any word on availability? I'm still waiting for retail stock to show up on the Sapphire. I wonder which will be quieter- the Sapphire or the PowerColor? Hopefully reviews will pop up with some measurements. On that same note, any chance for a single slot, low profile, passive 7750?? It's only 50W TDP...

Passively cooling a card requires a MUCH larger heatsink, so low profile AND single slot AND passive cooling is... super unlikely. But I totally understand the appeal!

I know, the link is a 680 with way higher TDP, but you get the idea.

Any word on availability? I'm still waiting for retail stock to show up on the Sapphire. I wonder which will be quieter- the Sapphire or the PowerColor? Hopefully reviews will pop up with some measurements. On that same note, any chance for a single slot, low profile, passive 7750?? It's only 50W TDP...

According to this user, the Sapphire is unlikely to be available in the US.

It looks like there is a low profile 7750 selling in the UK right now made by VTX3D. Looks identical to the PowerColor. I wonder how much shipping across the pond would cost...

There's also this rather surprising puppy:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0395633

Thinnest HD7xxx I've seen to date - it also is entirely bus-powered.

Motherboards.org has a video unboxing of it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYPos4C5EY&list=UUcx2OUQ9OGdL4FTexi0h35Q&index=3&feature=plcp

Shock and Awe: OOTB Eyefinity support, energy sipper (NO auxiliary power), thinner than some older fanless single-slot cards (in fact, I think my current Visiontek HD5450, with half the RAM and no fan, is thicker)

Aw Shux: Some price overlap with older dual-slot cards

Last edited:
That's more of a slot-plus design - the cooler sticks out past the bracket. (Most fanless designs, including that of my HD5450, commit the same *sin*.)

Also, XFX has a better post-registration warranty than PowerColor, along with greater non-online availability

It's a single slot. I have the same card and it only takes up one slot.

If you're persistent about emailing [email protected] you might be able to pick up an AFOX 7850 LP. It took me about a month to hear back from AFOX with this contact information and a referral. Not sure if this helps or not. This is the fastest double-slot LP card I know of personally though.

There's also this rather surprising puppy:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0395633

Thinnest HD7xxx I've seen to date - it also is entirely bus-powered.

Motherboards.org has a video unboxing of it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCYPos4C5EY&list=UUcx2OUQ9OGdL4FTexi0h35Q&index=3&feature=plcp

Shock and Awe: OOTB Eyefinity support, energy sipper (NO auxiliary power), thinner than some older fanless single-slot cards (in fact, I think my current Visiontek HD5450, with half the RAM and no fan, is thicker)

Aw Shux: Some price overlap with older dual-slot cards
OP asked for Low Profile card, not single slot. LP cards are half-height and can be multiple slots also. They are designed for thin desktop PC's.

The card's mentioned below are Low Profile cards:
The best (easily available) is the HD 6670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102958

The very best (good luck finding it) is the AFOX HD 6850
http://www.afox-corp.com/en/products_details.asp?proid=109

If you're persistent about emailing [email protected] you might be able to pick up an AFOX 7850 LP. It took me about a month to hear back from AFOX with this contact information and a referral. Not sure if this helps or not. This is the fastest double-slot LP card I know of personally though.

Were you able to get one of these through the referral? I'd be interested in trying to get one of these cards myself.

Were you able to get one of these through the referral? I'd be interested in trying to get one of these cards myself.

I haven't ordered one of these because I'm probably going to go with a GTX 670 and mod my case to fit a 3rd expansion slot.

I have since received an additional email from someone in their sales department indicating that she was away for vacation, doesn't have a local distributor, but would sell me one and ship it directly using their DHL.

So, it definitely seems possible to order directly from AFOX and have it shipped to Canada, I assume US wouldn't be an issue either.

It did take me about a month to hear from them, and I can't guarantee your experience will be the same. It seems like a real deal though.

Edit:// Just so we're clear, the card I was offered in sale was the AFOX Radeon HD 7850 Single-Slot. They have a LP 7850 on their site that appears to be in production for their market. It should be an equal request to make of them.

I haven't ordered one of these because I'm probably going to go with a GTX 670 and mod my case to fit a 3rd expansion slot.

I have since received an additional email from someone in their sales department indicating that she was away for vacation, doesn't have a local distributor, but would sell me one and ship it directly using their DHL.

So, it definitely seems possible to order directly from AFOX and have it shipped to Canada, I assume US wouldn't be an issue either.

It did take me about a month to hear from them, and I can't guarantee your experience will be the same. It seems like a real deal though.

Edit:// Just so we're clear, the card I was offered in sale was the AFOX Radeon HD 7850 Single-Slot. They have a LP 7850 on their site that appears to be in production for their market. It should be an equal request to make of them.

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm leaving for vacation soon but will try contacting them some after that.

Yeah, saw that one. Too bad it's marked up 20% making it the most expensive 7750 on the egg. Looks like there's not much else for US customers. I've got a couple months to wait for either prices to come down or for another LP model to come out.

The low profile 7750 Sapphire version is now appearing on a few European online retailers. It also has a first listing on eBay for $200+ US.

Unfortunately there is no nVidia competition for this video card at the moment. I don't think vendors will make a low profile GeForce GT 640 DDR5 version, so expect to see that 20% markup stay.

I've been waiting 8 months already for an upgrade to my AMD Radeon HD 4290 IGP :eek:.

Back