low ppd

Joined
Jun 25, 2004
Messages
663
Small potatoes compared to the big CPU dogs here but I usually see around 3k PPD with my e8400 @ 3.4 GHZ. Had a couple projects like this lately.


Code:
 Project ID: 6055
 Core: GRO-A3
 Credit: 481
 Frames: 100

 Min. Time / Frame : 01:09:57 - 99 PPD
 Avg. Time / Frame : 01:14:27 - 93 PPD
Less than 100 PPD. I'd get moar with the classic client and not have deadline issues.

A sign of things to come for "low end" SMP clients or an errant WU/project?
 
That's not right at all Otter, my E6400 is OC'd to only 3 GHz and I do 2200 PpD on similar WUs (6053) with two GPUs running. I haven't had any 6055's yet.
 
wow thats kinda odd.. the 6055's tend to run much faster for me on my 940.. wonder if those WU's require a quad core to run them.. but the numbers are still odd..
 
Yeah must be an oddball then. I am running the GPU2 client with a GTX285 on the same rig. Maybe that's playing into it as well but this has not been a not problem in the past. Hate missing deadlines and wasting time/energy.

Rebooted/restarted the client a couple times. Same result. Into the bit bucket the WU goes.

Update: SMP2 has been idle for 2 days since last 6055 project, been running BOINC on CPU instead. Fired up SMP2 again an hour ago, downloaded same WU 6055 series. Deleted unitinfo/queue restarted x 2. Same 6055 unit downloads.

Bah. < 100 PPD and deadline will pass according to HFM.

[23:59:20] Project: 6055 (Run 1, Clone 169, Gen 36)

CPU goes back to BOINC.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top