• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Low Passmark score for Q9650

Got problems alright.Just ran passmark on my six banger and scored 7417
 
your system should run alot faster or is this the only benchmark you get a low score on?
 
I haven't tried any other benchmarks. If there are any you know of I would be happy to try them. I tried Passmark because my system was running games in Dosbox slower than it usually does. I haven't made any significant changes to my system so I have no idea what has created this problem. Also, for some strange reason, my 4870 is scoring roughly 100 points higher than it should according to the Passmark website.
 
I managed to get the CPU mark up to 3950 by deleting Avast, but I'm still far off from 4599 and don't know what else to do to raise the performance. Virus scans haven't found anything.
 
I would not put to much stock in synthetic benchmarks.Does the computer run every day programs with no problems?Try gaming to see if there are any true problems.
 
I managed to get the CPU mark up to 3950 by deleting Avast, but I'm still far off from 4599 and don't know what else to do to raise the performance. Virus scans haven't found anything.

If you have your virus set for realtime scanning of everything then you could see a low performance, with some virus programs the cure is worse than the disease.
 
The fact that you gained 500 points JUST from deleting avast, tells you that it's something installed on your system (or previously installed) that's neutering your performance.

Unfortunately, none of us can tell you what it is. Try checking msconfig to see what you have running on startup, and also your services list, and disable anything in the startup that isn't actually required by your system or soundcard or mouse drivers, etc.
 
Back
Top