• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Low Output PSU for HTPC

Zetro

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 2, 2005
Messages
296
Hey Guys,

The included 380W eathwatts power supply in my Antec NSK3480 just packed it in after warranty. I am looking to replace it with a 350-450 watts quiet but effective unit. I live in Canada and purchase from n-c-i-x. The specs are:

Athlon X3 750 at stock
Gigabyte 780G board
4GB of DDR2 (2 dimms)
Antec 3480
OC0z vertex 2 sandforce 50GB
Yateloon 92/120mm fans at 7v

I am looking for a unit that is quiet most importantly at a good price point. I can't see spending more than $75 at this wattage level.

Units on my list so far are the CX430 from Corsair for $40, and the 400W thermaltake TR2

Thank you as always!
 
Go with the Corsair CX430. It's of comparatively better quality than the Thermaltake TR2.
 
Back
Top