Low gpu usage on Rtx 3090 on Metro Enhacement Edition.

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.
PC:
Monitor:AORUS FI27Q
Cpu: 10850K with Nzxt Kraken X73 ( 60c in game )
Gpu: Rtx 3090 Gaming Oc ( 60C in game )
Ram: 32gb 2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3200MHZ XMP
Psu: Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 850W TX
mb: Aorus 490 Pro Gaming
SSD: Crucial 1TB Nvm SSD
Case: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P

I have a problem with Gpu usage on Metro Exodus Enhancet Edition after latest windows update KB5005033 H20H2. My gpu usage is like 40-55% during Taiga level + clock cpu is fluctuating like never before. And after intro in Sam story i have 55% gpu usage. Something get screwed. Few days ago i get normal gpu usage like 90-99%. No other programs in background. 50-60%. Before was 95%.
I am on 1440P , Ultra,DLSS QUALITY,rest maxed,Raytracing Raytraced.

I doubt its update because i checked again : Control, battlefield 5,quake 2 rtx and usage is 97%. Only in Metro.

Last edited:
There's been numerous complaints about low gpu usage in this game. I'm in a spot right now where I can't even get over 75% GPU usage with an RTX 3070 and my frame rates will actually drop below 60. I don't see how you had nearly full GPU usage a few days ago because these issues have always been in the game. In fact when I was testing out a 3080 TI a couple months ago I noticed the frame rates in some spots didn't even exceed what I was getting on a 2080 TI.

Last edited:
So why i have now 55% usage and 60fps when few days ago i get there 95% usage and 100fps?

Ok it working. A bit of messing about and it seems to be the crap epic overlay. Re-naming the exe in epic folder file seems to work , Now i have 99% gpu usage. Weird.

Last edited:
Ok it working. A bit of messing about and it seems to be the crap epic overlay. Re-naming the exe in epic folder file seems to work , Now i have 99% gpu usage. Weird.
How do you do that?

Yeah I just deleted those files and sure enough my performance is mostly fixed now getting mid 80s for minimum fps where I was struggling to even get 60 before. And now gpu usage is typically in the upper 90% range where as before it struggled to hit over 70% and was even in the 60% range a great deal of the time.

Last edited:
I renamed both the 32 and 64 bit files EOSOverlayRenderer-Win32-Shipping.exe/EOSOverlayRenderer-Win64-Shipping.exe here:

\Program Files (x86)\Epic Games\Launcher\Portal\Extras\Overlay

Name doesn't matter, you can delete it if you want - its just so the software doesnt find it. Start Epic launcher, rename/delete the overlay exe then launch the game.

Now gpu usage will be normal and fps :)
nice one. you didnt panic, you did youre own googling, you fixed the prob AND provided the solution. 👍

Back