Low FPS in Frontlines: Fuel of War

ReconSniper

[H]ard|Gawd
I bought this game due to it being 5 dollars. Some of the levels, when lots of things start happening, I drop to around 3-5 fps. The game runs the same whether I have all settings maxed or all settings at the lowest, it still drops fps at some points. I googled the problem but couldn't find the solution. My current specs are in my signature. That should be MORE than enough to run this game.

I just finished this little awesom game tonight, a couple of hours ago.

make sure you have all patches installed in the correct order, and select your graphics options to whatever your hardware supports, but, the "foliage"option leave it at minimal, that helped me with the frame rate.

enjoy the game :D

Heh, i just reinstalled this game yesterday to try and see how it is. Still can't believe that this game died so quickly. I love Oilfields and Hindsight maps and freezing choppers and planes and when they fall down taking them out with the RPG's. Too bad the most populated server i could find had only 25-30 people in it. It's lagging just like i remember it from almost 2 years ago, and i remember there was some thing with Foliage slider being off like MrsOld said. Too bad, this game could have been so much more...

It's one of the best Multiplayer games out there now, too bad it was killed early on by bugs.

i downloaded this game for $5 as well. you need to patch it, but i have not successfully done so myself. i tried downloading the patches that are specifically for digital copies, but i could only find the files on on the official Frontlines site and the 2GB+ patch files download at about 7 kb/s. i'm not willing to spend 2-3 days downloading patches. so i grabbed the patches meant for boxed copies hoping it would work anyway, since i could find those files on faster sites. the first patch corrupted my install, probably because it's not meant for a digital copy. never got around to reinstalling the game...just got frustrated with the whole process.

^^^ long story, but just wanted to let you know what you're in for if you attempt to patch. maybe someone can offer an easier method.

Here's the patch list i used:

FFOW_EFIS_Patch_All_to_v1.1.0.exe
FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.1.0_TO_V1.1.1
FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.1.1_TO_V1.2.0.exe
FFOW_EFIS_PATCH_V1.2.0_TO_V1.3.0.exe

You can google the file names and use a download manager to get them, the first patch takes AGES to install :(

Back