Low end graphics card

My brother plays casually, has a decent PC with no dedicated graphics card and only a 300W PSU. Can anyone recommend a GPU that this would support?

TIA

We'll need to know the specs. For instance, a 300w PSU might mean he has a very old computer, with say, a Pentium 4.

Why not get a better PSU and a nice used card?

You can get a nice PSU for $30-50. Watch for sales.

4xxx.

Just installed prototype 2 on one my machines with a 350w psu and a 4850. Runs at a playable 40fps on low and keeps the kids quiet.

"300w PSU" means nothing really without the actual specs of the psu. I am guessing this is some pre built HP or Dell and those have cheap 300 watt psus that cant make but about 160-170 watts on the 12v even when brand new. a psu like that would be lucky to make 130-140 watts on the 12v after a few of years of use. no way would I stick any dedicated card in that pc at this point if this is that is the type of psu that you have.

a 5750 would work out perfectly, they have a DDR3 model and a DDR5 (dual slot) which is super low power consumption. I still have my old 5750, works perfectly, keeping it as a backup, but you should be able to pick one up that is the DDR3 model with even less power consumption than this one. I think it was rated at like 68W. Would definitely work with a under 125W CPU with 1-2 HDD's and this card. Plenty of them out there for sub $60.

But like 450 said above, PSU's are cheap after MIR around $39 was my OCZ 600W.

Back