Low cost storage

’m‚³‚ñ

Supreme [H]ardness
I found a bunch of 9.1 gig Seagate Barracuda SCSI 80 pin drives for $14 a drive. Are there any other deals on SCSI or IDE drives (SATA might be an option too) where I can get a bunch of them for less $$$? My budget is going to be $200 max. I already have a SCSI adapter and some HP SCSI bricks (for going from 68 pin or 50 pin to 80 pin), but I only have 2 good 9 gig drives and 3 good 4 gig drives. My other 9 gig drives are all dead, or in the case of the sixth drive in my array, going to die soon. It has to warm up for about an hour before it works properly. So I'd like new storage, and preferably 9 gigs or above, for $30 per drive or less. I can't find any IDE drives with capacities under 40 gigs that are anywhere near $1/gig. D: New or used; being in working is all I require.

Newegg refurbs and keep an eye on staples, best buy, officemax, office depot and comp usa sales. There are always drives to be had for 60 cents a gig or less after rebate. Don't forget about coupon codes when ordering to save a lot more $$$

Hmmm... I'm looking for cheap-o SCSI drives, mostly. None on Newegg's refurb section. D:

Last time I checked, best buy and office max and all of them don't have scsi drives. Surpluscomputers.com has some really cheap scsi drives. 18 gigers for $10.

Originally posted by jpmkm
Last time I checked, best buy and office max and all of them don't have scsi drives. Surpluscomputers.com has some really cheap scsi drives. 18 gigers for $10.

Oh, yeah, I forgot about their website. ;) Thanks for the link. :D

Back