• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Low Cost PCI-E Recommendation

exv

n00b
Joined
Dec 4, 2005
Messages
11
I'm looking for recommendations for a low cost ($40-$75) PCI-E video card for my son's new PC. I've seen a number of low cost cards on Newegg, but am not sure which to choose or avoid.

The PC has a Sempon 3400 processor with 512MB of RAM and ntegrated video (ATI Xpress 200.)

The PC will be used primarily for Internet and watching video - DIVX; DVDs; XVID; and occassionally HD files. Ideally, I'd like a passive card, but one with a very quiet fan will be fine too. The PC won't be used for gaming, outside of basic Internet & Educational games.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.


EXV
 
I dont understand why he cant use the Xpress X200? My friend plays BF2 with it so i couldnt be that bad to watch videos, which, which todays modern computers is no problem.
 
I have the MSI NX6200TC in several systems - $45, drives a 1600x1200 LCD just fine.
 
The Xpress 200 graphics are fine for what he's going to be doing. No need to upgrade.
 
Zamboni said:
I have the MSI NX6200TC in several systems - $45, drives a 1600x1200 LCD just fine.

yep I've got one of those in my main box...great card. Though like others have mentioned I see no reason to upgrade from the integrated unless you have a specific need for DVI or multi-monitor outputs.
 
Back
Top