Low 3dmark06 score?

cuxy

Weaksauce
Joined
Apr 1, 2007
Messages
126
I'm getting what I think is a low score for my 2900 XT. Left it with the default settings and I'm getting ~8800. Most reviews get over 10k. Now I know that its just a synthetic benchmark but none the less I'm 2k short of what I should be getting arent I?

The first time I got it I just plugged it in and installed the drivers then tested. Got around 8700, reinstalled the OS and tried again and got 8821. Not the improvement I was looking for. Any thoughts would be appreciated


Specs:

C2D 6400 (stock)
2gb ram
74 10k rpm hd
Win XP MCE (patched)
Newest ATI drivers (7.6 I think)
 
If you bumped your e6400 to 2.6-2.8 ghz i guarantee you would hit 10k. This can be done in 5 mins. with proper instructions. (plus a few hours of stress mind you)
 
If you bumped your e6400 to 2.6-2.8 ghz i guarantee you would hit 10k. This can be done in 5 mins. with proper instructions. (plus a few hours of stress mind you)

Nice, I OC'ed my proc to 2.6 using ntune and I hit 10800 :D Thanks so much stoney :)
 
Yup, CPU-speed play a big role in the reviews of the performance of HD2900XT in 3DMark.
Most review sites use a Core 2 Duo running at around 3.0 Ghz to get 10.000 - 11.000 in 3DMark -06
 
er,I thought these benchmarks were GPU dependent.:confused:

Not exactly, 3DMark06 also tests both CPU cores on my Core2Duo, and has a seperate score for CPU performance. I know you won't trust my word, but ask around and I'm sure others will tell you even more about that. Regards.

vbmenu_register("postmenu_1031211746", true);
 
I understand that there are two cpu tests in the benchmark suite.But,I thought their contibution to the total score was minimal at best.
 
I understand that there are two cpu tests in the benchmark suite.But,I thought their contibution to the total score was minimal at best.


No way. Not at all. They're about as big as the video cards almost.
 
Back
Top