Low 3dmark03 scores, video card? probably?

Thatonen00b

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, this is my first post here, I browse through sometimes when i'm at work and I wish I would have known about the forum before I bought my current system. Anyways, I'm running a 3.2ghz with a gig of kingston valueram and a Mad Dog Geforce FX 5600 128mb. The only reason I got a MAD DOG is because when they opened a new compusa in the area, the first costumers got their pick of some cool stuff, I actually wanted the 256mb 9800 pro, but there were only 10 and they all got taken. So I figured the 5600 was better than the other prizes and it was a step up from my GF2 Gts. After using it for a while I was pleased for the games that I played, counter-strike, nfs underground etc... But recently I tried playing far cry and call of duty, and I wasnt too happy. So I ran 3dmark03 @1024,768, aa off, and texture filter at optimal with samples at 1. I've never really used it before so I thought that would be about right, I also had v-sync off, set it on high-performance and I turned off my reforce. I got 2433 marks and I assume its my video card holding me back but i'm not sure if that score is average or if I could do something to score higher? I post on other random forums so I know you guys dont like repeatative questions and what not, so sorry for the essay but I thought I should ask now instead of doing things wrong.

I didnt think it was that big of a pile, I've seen scores up in the 5 digits, would just upgrading my vid card get me there?

Back