Low 3dmark01 score... due to RAM?

so_cal_forever

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,125
I have a 9600XT (other stuff is found in my sig), and I'm getting some low scores in 3dmark01. No AA or AF, nothing like that (I'm veteran at video cards). Here is my score. Lowest score out of ALL the 9600 series in the browser. I've reformatted, defragged, what have you. The only thing I can think of is my memory. I read the DX9 roundup review over at Spode's Abode, and since I'm running 1.7 gigs here, I should be getting over 10k. Also, don't pay attention to the 66 FSB in the score, my fsb is 133/133.
 
Your DX version says 8.0 and you're not running 2001 SE. Is that accurate?

Also, your AGP says N/A. You'll want to make sure your AGP drivers are loaded properly. Run DXDIAG and check the Display tab to verify 'AGP Texture Acceleration' is enabled.

Also, you'll want to make sure AA, AF, and the rest of your 9600's eye-candy is disabled in the control panel before you run the test.

I haven't played with 2001 in almost a year, but here's my compare URL. Same motherboard as you (with a hacked BIOS) and a 1.4Tbird, also with a half-Gig of PC133 at the time. You definitely have some headroom. Some DDR wouldn't hurt anything, either.
 
Try using 3DMark2001SE if you haven't already, you should see some improvements in your score.
 
The DX (I have DX9b) and AGP are just errors from 3dmark01. I have SE, and am getting the same scores.
 
Back
Top