Low 3.3v causes freezes?

99rollaguy

Gawd
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
684
I've wanted to get a new power supply for a while, and it looks like I finally have to. My 3.3v line is btwn 3.01 and 3.06, I'm not sure what it is under load. Could this be causing my hang ups? It usually doesn't freeze when I'm using the computer, but leaving it alone causes problems. The hard drive load light stays red, and nothing happens..no mouse movement, hard drive isn't loading, ctrl+alt+delete doesn't do anything. so I was wondering what the deal is. thanks in advance.
 
Sure. Although 3.3V loads aren't great in today's boards, you still have a lot of logic on the board that requires 3.3V.

Let's just hope it's JUST your power supply and not a motherboard problem. :(
 
yeah, I'm not sure if it's the power supply or the hard drive. I've only been awake once while it froze. it made a click type noise, so I don't know if that was the hard drive or the power supply kind of clicking off and restarting. I need both anyway, but I was wondering what the first item on my list should be. thanks
 
Back
Top