Low 12V Rail?

Requiem

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 11, 2004
Messages
208
I've had this power supply for a few weeks after RMAing a faulty PSU of the same make. I've been getting a lot of BSODs both now and before my other power supply died. I was looking at my voltages, and the 12V rail fluctuates between 11.491 and 11.551. When under full load, however, the voltage stays at 11.491 for the great majority. I haven't tested it with a multimeter yet as I couldn't get the two leads on the meter to reach the metal connectors on the ATX plug. Could this voltage drop be the source of my BSODs?
 
Try using your multimeter with a molex connector. The +12V reading is the most important in your application.
 
I just tested two different molex connectors and both showed 12.12-12.14V. I guess the software was wrong.
 
Requiem said:
I just tested two different molex connectors and both showed 12.12-12.14V. I guess the software was wrong.

It typically is.....sorry you are back on the hunt for the problem.
 
Back
Top