• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Lousy 3800X2 overclock.

Hordsak

n00b
Joined
Feb 15, 2004
Messages
44
Ok, I know how that I shouldn't be complaining too much, since I only paid for the 3800+ X2, but I can only get it to 2.3 gigs, at 1.44 volts. I was hoping for 2.4.. I just had to vent. I'm now eyeing up a 165 opteron.. Anyone else with lower-overclocking x2's?
 
upp the volt to 1.5 at leats, hell even 1.6 would be safe!, my 3500= is a 1.5volt STOCK cpu, so yea :p upp that biatch to 1.6volts and watch the overclocking roll!
 
Just don't expect the stock cooler to be your best friend.
 
mine does 2.44ish with 1.5v =\

1.5v on an x2 with the stock cooler is suicide, haha
 
The X2 has a pair, why shoulnd't you? Raise that voltage and push that baby to the limit!
 
I'm using water cooling, and it apears that anything over 1.45 does not help my overclock.
 
Decker87 said:
The X2 has a pair, why shoulnd't you? Raise that voltage and push that baby to the limit!
my voltage is at 1.52. its hte highest the board can supply. at full load, it hits 50C under a thermalright SI-120 and 120mm, 80CFM panaflo. 1.5v on the stock cooler is suicide for an X2. they put off much more heat than 3500...

you said your stock vcore is 1.5v... so im gonna assume you have a newcastle. fine, its rated for that. X2's stock voltage is 1.3, and it puts off 89w of heat at 2ghz and 1.35v. your newcastle puts off 89w at 2.2ghz and 1.5v. see the difference?
 
Axman said:
Just don't expect the stock cooler to be your best friend.

Why? My stock cooler and I do everything together. He's a lot cooler than living breathing friends, except in the summer.
 
RawsonDR said:
Why? My stock cooler and I do everything together. He's a lot cooler than living breathing friends, except in the summer.

Mommy I'm scared! :(
 
themanwithnoname said:
How much faster is one of those dual cores than say a opteron 146 oc'ed to 2.8?

Alot if your multi tasking 2 cpu heavy programs or running something multithreaded.
 
Hordsak said:
Ok, I know how that I shouldn't be complaining too much, since I only paid for the 3800+ X2, but I can only get it to 2.3 gigs, at 1.44 volts. I was hoping for 2.4.. I just had to vent. I'm now eyeing up a 165 opteron.. Anyone else with lower-overclocking x2's?

I had an x2 that clocked about same as yours and made the move to a 165 that does 2.6 with ease. Very happy with that decision.
 
Leave it to [H]F to not understand a testicle joke. :rolleyes:

Is 1.52 volts a common top voltage for many mobos? Mine does 1.8 pretty easily.
Good luck OCing OP.
 
wadec22 said:
I had an x2 that clocked about same as yours and made the move to a 165 that does 2.6 with ease. Very happy with that decision.


Anybody had any luck OCing an x2 4800+? I am contemplating between the Opteron 175 and the 4800. I think I could pretty easily hit 2.8ghz on the 175 from what everyone else is getting, but not sure about the 4800.
 
Hordsak said:
Ok, I know how that I shouldn't be complaining too much, since I only paid for the 3800+ X2, but I can only get it to 2.3 gigs, at 1.44 volts. I was hoping for 2.4.. I just had to vent. I'm now eyeing up a 165 opteron.. Anyone else with lower-overclocking x2's?

list your specs, something else could be holding you back
 
Back
Top