loud dv9000 fan

ullyeus

Supreme [H]ardness
I purchased a HP dv9205 from staples this afternoon, It's a gorgeous laptop with a fantastic build, way better than my dell or ibm and much better than any acer I've seen.

I was originally having a tough time deciding between this one and a Toshiba A100, I eventually opted for the HP as its several hundred dollars less and I didn't care much about the videocard and thought one gig of ram would be fine.

So far the system specs themselves seem to align with what I need from a laptop, still got a few programs I need to install but seems okay.

My problem, as trivial as it seems is that the fan is quite loud....and the problem isn't even that its loud but that is suddenly seems to click off and on every couple of minutes.

It's tough to explain how loud it is, I don't think it's "broken" but it definetly drowns out my other laptops in the room, and it does startle me a little bit everytime it starts. I am going to see if I still notice it in a day or two (Im probably looking for something wrong) but I was wondering if anyone knew how I could check temperature or if this could really be adjusted in anyway?

I love this laptop otherwise though, 17inch lcd, steel type finish, remote control, good speakers, fantastic.

but think I'll return it as the fan is driving me bonkers.

Alternatively, does anyone else own this laptop? Is it just me being anal or is this thing a bit annoying?

have you updated your bios yet. HP just released a whole bunch of bios updates that fixes a fan problem with C2D processors...

Ive got this problem with my dv6244us and i had it on my dv6130us. Mine is kind of a humming/buzzing. I was thinking it was the processor

i get this with my dv6000 series notebook, i used intel thermal analysis tool and found that the fans come on full speed when the cpu reaches 46oC then shut off after it drops to 45 or below.

I updated as of yesterday, but still have the same results.

Ive got this problem with my dv6244us and i had it on my dv6130us. Mine is kind of a humming/buzzing. I was thinking it was the processor

That buzzing sound is coming from the USB ports. Go into device manager and turn the power savings off from the USB hubs......

Back