Lost Word 2007 file Need Help Locating file.

mlightsey

Gawd
I emailed a 2003 word document from my work email address. I emailed it to my civilian email address. I opened up the file from my civilian email address and started to work on it. I hit the saved multiple times in Word 2007. I left the file open over night. I realized I didn't save it under "My Documents". I then used the "Save As" and saved it under "My documents" Then I went under "My Documents" to find the file was not there.

I used the searched assistant and went under advance to show all hidden documents. Then I went under each drive to look for it, but to no avail could not find it. I also looked under the temp folder also.

Any suggestions or help. This document is a transcript to a court case and I do not want to start over.

try going back to the program and save a different file. Then look at the save location. This is the best I can do.

i had a friend with similar problem (opened email doc, saved couple times, closed doc forgetting she didn't actually ever download doc). I couldn't find it for her, but office does have a couple of places it stores temporary files. What i would i try is sending yourself a test document with a known file name with the same email system. Open the document up directly from email and add in some text so that you can identify this changed version. Press save. Now search you c: for the file name (make sure to search non-indexed places if you have that option) and see if there is a common temporary directory office stores it into. If you find the changed file, check in that directory for any other docs...

Run an advanced search for files modified within the timeframe that your document was edited/saved and scroll through the results and pray you find it.

Back