Lost Planet which version to buy?

RyanH

Limp Gawd
Ok so I played the demo for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition and I thought it was pretty decent so I'd like to buy this game but now I see that there's a new version out called Lost Planet: Colonies Edition it's like a gold edtion with new multiplayer maps and weapons and a few other things. My first question is does the single player campaign have any different content or is it identical for both versions of the game? For the multiplayer which version of the game has more people playing or are both versions pretty much dead for online play. I know the Colonies Edition has the windows live capability to play with the xbox360 users so it looks like that's the one to get. The only problem is I usually like to buy my games off steam and I see they only have the regular version and I know that both versions aren't compatible with each other for online play. I have a gamestop a bestbuy and a walmart where I live but none of them list the PC version of the colonies edtion in stock. If I buy the regular version can I patch or update it to the colonies edition or is that not possible?

Sorry forgot to post this in the PC gaming section I'm buying for PC

copy and pasted. ;)

Lost Planet Extreme!
Includes everything that made the original Lost Planet a hit on the PC, as well as the following new features.

New modes for singleplayer campaign:

Score Attack
Each enemy and destructible object has points assigned to them, with the player being awarded different points depending on how they defeat the enemy.

Trial Battle Mode
Take on each of the game's Bosses, one after another.

Off limit Mode

Go wild with over-the-top super-charged weapons with unlimited ammunition and increased speed of movement.

New online modes:

Akrid Hunter
Get the chance to finally play as an Akrid as your opponents attempt to take you down.

VS Annihilator
Each team attempts to destroy its opponent's VS while defending its own.

Counter Grab

The team with the longest data posts activation time wins.

Point Snatcher
Take down opponents and collect the most thermal energy points.

Akrid Egg Battle

Steal Akrid eggs from the opponent’s team and bring them safely back to your own base.

Egg Bandit
Steal your opponents' Akrid egg, with points awarded for longer capture time.

4 New Maps for Online Matches
Crossfire City, Area 921, Lost Arena, Assault Space

Multiple new weapons for both snow pirates and the robotic VS suits. 5 new playable character models.

Cross-platform Battles
Xbox 360 owners can join forces or play against PC gamers

New Perspectives

Switch to first person view or the over-the-shoulder view from Resident Evil 4 for even more intense action.

copy and pasted. ;)

Lost Planet Extreme!
Includes everything that made the original Lost Planet a hit on the PC, as well as the following new features.

I take it you mean the Colonies Edition right? all those features are new to the colonies edition from what I know. I also forgot to ask does this game have a coop mode too? There is a full story campaign mode right?

I take it you mean the Colonies Edition right? all those features are new to the colonies edition from what I know. I also forgot to ask does this game have a coop mode too? There is a full story campaign mode right?
yeah thats for the Colonies Edition. Im not sure about the co op mode.

Back