lost planet demo big problem...please help !!!

caris32

n00b
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
6
hello
i just installed dx9 trial dem of lost planet (file size 385mb)
when i start to play and after a while suddenly freezes everything and i have to exit using task manager....(lost planet not responding...)
why is this happening?
core 2 duo 6600
2gb ram
evga gts 8800 320mb
raptror x 150gb
latest direct x 9.0c update
windows home genuine

I would like to add that sometimes it freezes my whole rig and i have to reset it...
when i log on to windows again it says it has recovered from a serious error

i'd appreciate your help
thanks in advance
 
I have the same problem, I have a AMD X2 4400 with a GTS too.

The first time it happened I had to cold reboot the PC, while the next time I quickly ALT-TAB and managed to terminate the application from the task manager.
I don't know what is causing it though.

Both times it happened on the first mission, once about 1 min in the game and the second time about 5 min.
Did this happen to you on both missions? I haven't tried the second one yet.
 
Unless I don't get it, I think you are missing the point. The problem is not an missing file error but a complete crash of the game with system crash.
 
I cant play the game for more than 10 secconds without it freezing. The performance test works fine though.
 
Ok guys I know what to do, this happened to me last night and it took me about 10 mins to figure it out....

unfortunantly i uninstalled the demo after playing through so i gotta find my old post on how i fixed it one sec

"Turns out my problem was with that Concurrent Operations set to 2 killed my system, I set it to one and everything was
ok"

When Concurrent operations was set to 2 the game would usually freeze right after engaging in combat or changing my view mode, so when I put it to 1 everything worked 100%

hope that helps u guys
 
Same issue here. Benchmark works fine, game hangs after 10-60 sec. forcing an end-task or hard reset.

DX9 version on XP
X2 3800+
nForce 4
8800GTS w/158.22 driver.


I did read a post that someone resolved this problem by updating to the newest Beta driver (160.02 or 03 i think), I just haven't had a chance to try it out.
 
By looking at just this thread, the crashes have only occured on systems with an 8800 card.
It runs fine (if a little slow) on my x2 4200 @ 2.8 with an X1800XT PE.

It might be worth trying different drivers?
 
Yeah, I just upgraded the sig rig from 2x 7950GX2's to an 8800 Ultra. The DX9 version in Vista ran solidly. After going to the Ultra, both the DX9 and DX10 versions BSOD all the time now.

I've played with different combinations of video drivers and BIOS'es but still the same problem. I'm going to go back to stock FSB speed to see if that helps, its all I can think of. Never had a problem with the FSB overclock before so it probably just too much beta software for now.
 
Glad I'm not the only one having this problem! Thought I had a problem
with my new setup here. E4300, Gigabyte DS3 and a PNY 8800GTS 320mb
w/158.22 drivers.
 
I have this problem too.
I have the latest drivers, BIOs, DirectX, everything.

And I set Concurrent Operations to 1, and Concurrent Rendering to off.
Still the same problem.
 
Well, I just rebooted after trying the 160.02. They did NOT solve the problem for me. Game crashed about one second in the game.
 
Well, I just rebooted after trying the 160.02. They did NOT solve the problem for me. Game crashed about one second in the game.

Then you weren't experecing the same issue. Does the game crash, or your computer?

Is Concurrent Operations 1, and Concurrent Rendering off?
 
Then you weren't experecing the same issue. Does the game crash, or your computer?

Is Concurrent Operations 1, and Concurrent Rendering off?

I had it off and 160.02 but not Concurrent Operations 1. I didn't see a point changing it to 1 when I already had it turned off. Anyway, it works now, thank you.

I hope the final version works without problems.

Oh, and the game is good.
 
Sorry to bring this "old" thread up again but I have the same problem. I'm running the 158 drivers and am wary of using the drivers you pointed out as they say in the file name "quadro"...are these beta drivers meant to be used with the 8800 series?!?


EDIT: doesn't matter, went with the 160.03 leaked drivers instead of the 160.2.
 
Back
Top