upriverpaddler
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 11, 2004
- Messages
- 1,701
I have a WD 80 gig hard drive. The last time I was able to acess close to 80 gigs, I had it dual booting with 2 OS partitions and 2 data partitions. Something happened trying to reinstall another OS over one of the ones installed. Now the drive only seems to have 37 gigs.
I have used fdisk, bartPE, the ultimate bood cd, and windows XP home installation to try and recover the lost space. None of them will recognize the 43 lost gigs.
My only ray of hope is Overclockix. When I try to format the drive using the overckockix installer, it does see the whole drive. But it will never complete the format.
Does passing a large magnet over your drive REALLY work?
Any advice?
I have used fdisk, bartPE, the ultimate bood cd, and windows XP home installation to try and recover the lost space. None of them will recognize the 43 lost gigs.
My only ray of hope is Overclockix. When I try to format the drive using the overckockix installer, it does see the whole drive. But it will never complete the format.
Does passing a large magnet over your drive REALLY work?
Any advice?