Lost my farm

Majic

[H]ard|Gawd
I had a really bad flood in my basement 2'+ of sewer water. This was like 3 weeks ago. Destroyed most of my ups and dual systems, not to mention my main system. I am currently trying to figure all this out between my local sewer and insurance company. Seems they are only going to cover me for 10k. That includes the cleaning company that had to come and clean everything(walls, floor, other stuff) replacing all the walls, carpet and doors. At the end of it all it wont leave me much money to even replace my main system. Just the cleaning and removing of the doors/walls/carpet cost about 3k. So I am down to 7k to replace all the walls, doors, carpet, freezer, washer, dryer and everything else I own down there. Lost all my comics from when I was a teen. And most of my art work.

So currently I only have one machine folding at a friends house. And dont look to be adding much back to my farm. I did have all my systems 1' off the floor. But it just wast anuff.

Wish me luck. And maybe one day I will get atleast a few systems back up and running. Take care all.

jeez man ...that really sucks bad

I hope you can get more money out of your insurance or whoever to cover your losses ..

sucks on so many levels holmes ..sorry man

lame lame and OMFG UBER FUCKING LAME

sorry to hear man, that is one of my biggest :(

That is really unfortunate. My family had a sumppump pipe loosen up, and when we came home from a weekend outing there was an inch of water in the basement. Luckily we didn't lose anything really important, and I had moved out otherwise I would have lost my couple computer systems.

That is so horrible that you lost all your artwork and magazines.:( And then have to have purchase all new appliances and go through the whole hassle of getting everything fixed up. Good luck Majic, I know you can get through it.

Find a good lawyer and sue the insurance company AND the sewer company. That's fucking bullshit.

Is it possible that the power went off before shorting the mobos? If so, I think you might be able to pull the RAM and processors and get some cash from them. Maybe even a HD or CDROM would help someone out.

What comics did you lose? I have a bunch in storage that are gathering dust. Let me know if you come up with a list.

Sorry to hear about your losses. That really sucks that the insurance company doesn't want to make you whole again. What is the point of insurance if they don't want to pony up their dough?

Sorry to hear about the loss.... I hope you get it all straightened out....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

Find a good lawyer and sue the insurance company AND the sewer company. That's fucking bullshit.
QFT. You paid for insurance. They need to live up to their end of the policy. Demand more, and if they refuse, threaten to take them to court.

Oh, and document everything along the way, too.

Thank you all for the kind words. I am still working the issues of claims and such. So calling in the lawyers is not even close to the horizon.

I will rebuild though it may be slow.

Man, i bet the media would be all over that.

"Local hero no longer able to fight for a cure for cancer and other diseases because a greedy insurance company wont honour thier contract."

Thank you all for the kind words. I am still working the issues of claims and such. So calling in the lawyers is not even close to the horizon.

I will rebuild though it may be slow.

As always, let us know if you need anything, be it someone to vent to or some parts to get a boxen up and running....

Keep on Folding!! For the [H]orde!!

I'd echo the suggestion that you thoroughly wash your parts in distilled water, let them dry thoroughly, and then test them to see what is still good. I imagine you'll be surprised at how much will still be working.

I don't know if you want to scale back so much... But I have to move soon and have a couple 1ghz p3's that need a loving home..

I'd echo the suggestion that you thoroughly wash your parts in distilled water, let them dry thoroughly, and then test them to see what is still good. I imagine you'll be surprised at how much will still be working.

I'd only do that AFTER any claims are settled.

Welp time has come for an update. I am getting the full pay out for the basement flood policy. I am also getting my full pay out for my extra computer insurance.

So far with testing the machines effected 1 tyan dual 2400+'s system is still working, 1 1.2 duron system still working.

My main machine is dead! I dont have a second 757 amd mobo to test out the cpu. But i will test out the ram and video card later.

Still 2 duron systems to test, 1 XP 1600+ system and another dually system. Just came in for food and will be heading back out to the garage.

good news, spend the money on a few c2d machines. and put them on plywood boards with floaters underneath.

Is the full payout just the 10K that you originally posted or more? Sorry that you're going through all this drama...

Back