Lost in Space LCD

mytiburon

Limp Gawd
I had a similar thread in general, but this is more the appropriate place for it. Ne ways, has anyone here used this, if not here is a pic and specs,what do you think of it. I want to put it in my black pc-65 lian li case.

Did you ever wish you had a second monitor on your computer so you could keep tabs on your system no matter what you are doing? But how many of us want to shell out the extra cash, or even have the room on your desk for 2 monitors? It’s just too much of an inconvenience, until now. The L.I.S2 PREMIUM from VLSystem allows you to do just that in an affordable package that fits right inside a single 5.25 inch bay in your computer!

The L.I.S2 Premium features a bright and clear blue on black VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) that can relay a variety of hardware and software information to you. Through the L.I.S Control Center software, you have the ability to manually control 4 separate fan channels, or have them automatically controlled by temperature and CPU usage monitoring, or when certain user defined programs are opened. The L.I.S Control Center software interfaces through your motherboard’s existing built-in self monitoring MBM hardware to read temperatures and system information. If you have a Hyper-Threading CPU or a Dual CPU system, the L.I.S2 displays information for each processor.

The L.I.S2 Premium offers a built in 20 band graphic analyzer visualization compatible with Windows Media Player and WinAmp. The L.I.S2 can notify you of incoming emails in your POP3 email accounts. It can also notify you of pending appointments in your schedule. The included CG Builder program allows you to design custom icons and designs to be displayed on your L.I.S2’s screen. So let the L.I.S2 PREMIUM from VLSystem help you conserve your hard earned cash, and much needed desk space.

Features
Clear and Bright Display (VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display)
USB Interface (1.1 / 2.0)
Displays PC Hardware and Software Information
4CH Automatic or Manual Fan Control
Supports single and dual CPU setups, and Hyper-Threading CPU
Compatible with MBM (Motherboard Monitoring)
WinAmp and Windows Media Player Visualization
Software features Customizable Skins
Control Center Software Automatic Update
CG Builder to design your own icons to be displayed
POP3 Incoming Email Check
Appointment Reminder and Alarm

The L.I.S. displays are very nice. A bit overpriced, but nice. Not that I'm slighting overpriced stuff (I'm currently working on an Innova/AC watercooling loop) just that in my opinion, $110.00 for a 2 line display with only software based fan control is a little much.

For less (much less) you can get a 2x20 Crystalfontz LCD display that will show the exact same info. For about the same price you can get a 4x20 Crystalfontz LCD display that will show the exact same info (yep, even that bar graph) And for about the same price you can get a 4x20 Matrix Orbital display with buttons on the bezel to control fans, etc without launching a software based GUI.

Yes, the L.I.S. is much less than the AquaComputer Aquaero ($280 VFD Version) or the Innovatek Fan-O-Matic ($275 LCD Version) but those have other features beyond a fan controller and display.

If you're interested in the bar graph thing, it's not as cool as you think it will be. I've had a similar bar graph that displayed a WinAmp spectrum analyser and a CPU usage graph, both were cool but not worth it.

If you're still set on getting it, depending on where you're purchasing it from, get the VFD display rather than the LCD display if they have them available.

What I will say though is that the chick in the review from PC Unleash is pretty friggin hot! If she came over to install it for $110 then it might be worth it!

haha, i just ordered it from a Canadian retailer ,preium VFD black for $133 Canadian(107usd),taxes and shipping incl. I think thats a heck of a deal.

BellaCroix said:
What I will say though is that the chick in the review from PC Unleash is pretty friggin hot! If she came over to install it for $110 then it might be worth it!

Hell... If she was installing it would be worth it, and probably more! :p

mytiburon said:
haha, i just ordered it from a Canadian retailer ,preium VFD black for $133 Canadian(107usd),taxes and shipping incl. I think thats a heck of a deal.

I am a Canadian, where did you order it from?
I want!

Bones117 said:
Hell... If she was installing it would be worth it, and probably more! :p

I'm sure it would cost more. Even if she didn't completely bugger everything trying to install it there's always that $20 minimum for a lapdance! :D

Now $70.00 US is more in line with what I'd be willing to spend on that.

If only I could find a backlit 4x40 LCD that didn't require a -5v lead I'd be happy. I've got a couple that I've picked off eBay before and I don't mind so much that they're all serial, just hate tapping power off the ATX connector.

Ah well... The Crystalfontz 4x20 is still a wider display than the L.I.S. or Matrix Orbital so I'll probably stick with that for WinAmp and MBM monitoring then use the Aquaero for fan and temp monitoring.

Back