Lost DHCP over wifi

Soarin

2[H]4U
So none of my wireless devices can obtain an IP address at all. But I can set static ones in their wifi settings and it works.
I tested this with my galaxy s8. None of my smart home devices are working. They all worked last night but when we got home tonight everything was offline.

Now to be safe I used a wifi analyzer to see if maybe there was an issue and I found something I dont like at all..

ia3hdmZ.jpg

My networks are FurHouse, German Sex Dungeon. The two on the bottom.
There is an open one called OutOfService and look at their BSSID address.. I am almost positive it is an Evil Twin attack trying to happen.

I been trying all night to get my devices back online. My router is working fine for lan DHCP. I do have the Linksys EA8300.
My setup is (Comcast) XB6-EA8300-16 port switch. The modem is in bridge mode only.

Also I disabled my BSSID just now and the spoofed network is still going.

ScF3m6i.jpg

and now look at this

nw8fMkt.jpg

Last edited:
I am positive someone is spoofing now. My XB6 wifi is not on at all

So none of my wireless devices can obtain an IP address at all. But I can set static ones in their wifi settings and it works.
I tested this with my galaxy s8. None of my smart home devices are working. They all worked last night but when we got home tonight everything was offline.

Now to be safe I used a wifi analyzer to see if maybe there was an issue and I found something I dont like at all..

View attachment 124195

My networks are FurHouse, German Sex Dungeon. The two on the bottom.
There is an open one called OutOfService and look at their BSSID address.. I am almost positive it is an Evil Twin attack trying to happen.

I been trying all night to get my devices back online. My router is working fine for lan DHCP. I do have the Linksys EA8300.
My setup is (Comcast) XB6-EA8300-16 port switch. The modem is in bridge mode only.

Also I disabled my BSSID just now and the spoofed network is still going.

View attachment 124197

and now look at this

View attachment 124198
I'm having trouble following your presentation of the evidence. Do you have 2.4 and 5 GHz running? Is that why we see your SSID listed multiple times? What should it look like vs what it looks like now?
Anybody spoofing your SSID will have a difficult time accomplishing anything over WPA2 if their intention is to compromise your network, given the following. Typically, as long as your firmware/software on router and end devices is updated, and you have set a long password for WPA2, you're good. Even spoofing can't make your devices connect to another device with the exact same SSID as that device doesn't know the other part of the 4-way handshake for devices to successfully connect.
While you may have caught someone goofing around, or potentially actually trying to compromise your network, make sure what I stated in the last paragraph stands true for your network.
In regards to DHCP not being issued, it's possible your DHCP service on your router died or otherwise is malfunctioning. Typically a reboot of the router will fix that. Have you rebooted your router yet? What is the result of rebooting the router?

"OutOfService" is a hidden or a built-in SSID on Comcast devices and some other cable providers. Looks like you have two different APs on your networking broadcasting SSIDs... why?

Okay, my cable modem an XB6 gateway is in Bridge mode only. It's not supposed to be broadcasting networks at all period. My router a linksys ea8300 broadcasts 2.4g network Furhouse and 5g German Sex Dungeon.

I have rebooted both devices many times. I dhcp works fine over ethernet but not wifi. But the wierd thing to is the fact that my desktop which is normally hard wired in, it can connect wirelessly with no issues.

As for the ssids being listed multiple times that I am not sure why. I never used the program I downloaded before now.

All I know is this, shits not working and it was prior to yesterday. I have rebooted both devices vy unplugging them and rebooted via the gui.

Okay, my cable modem an XB6 gateway is in Bridge mode only. It's not supposed to be broadcasting networks at all period. My router a linksys ea8300 broadcasts 2.4g network Furhouse and 5g German Sex Dungeon.

I have rebooted both devices many times. I dhcp works fine over ethernet but not wifi. But the wierd thing to is the fact that my desktop which is normally hard wired in, it can connect wirelessly with no issues.

As for the ssids being listed multiple times that I am not sure why. I never used the program I downloaded before now.

All I know is this, shits not working and it was prior to yesterday. I have rebooted both devices vy unplugging them and rebooted via the gui.
After reading this, I'm thinking Cmustang87 might be on to something. Login to the XB6 gateway and ensure that wireless is turned off and so is DHCP. I've seen ISP's push updates without consent that will cause settings to be reverted.

SSID's are probably listed multiple times because of two radios - 2.4 and 5.0.

The fact of the matter is that "German Sex Dungeon" and "OutOfService" are coming from the same device and are on the same channel (64).

I double double check 3 times now and wifi is turned off and so is dhcp. I called tech support because of it acting up. I noticed to my speed is less than half of what I'm paying for as well. My phone was getting 1.2gbps the other day and so was my desktop but now it's only getting 450-500 mbps wireless or hardwired.

They said they are sending out a tech again. They had to send one out to connect it for 1 gig service which is bs because I k ow the lines are fine. I I installed them myself and haven't had an issue till now. I did have the tech make a new line and feed it into the closet for me too

I'd unplug the router and modem and then see what you see on the airwaves. Then plug things in one at a time again. If this seems to work, I'd try uplugging one wireless device and plugging it back in again and see if it reconnects. Sounds like there's some sort of funky network loop or other nonsense going on from an isp 'update'.

Okay so after calling linksys support because I did everything from a whole network reset and it did nothing. I found the damn cause..

I dont understand why Link aggregation would cause DHCP to fail on only some devices but it did. As sson as I disabled it the damn thing worked like a charm.
uJDCjjj.jpg

Okay so after calling linksys support because I did everything from a whole network reset and it did nothing. I found the damn cause..

I dont understand why Link aggregation would cause DHCP to fail on only some devices but it did. As sson as I disabled it the damn thing worked like a charm.
View attachment 124419
Nice work following through. Thank you for letting us know what caused it.

On a side note, I've used link aggregation with only one Ethernet cable and not experienced that issue. So, it's very odd indeed. Sounds like possibly a broken feature on that router...

Hey no problem. I sent it to linksys support for review
Hope I don't need to send the router in

Back