Lost Coast

dmonkey said:
It won't start for me, when I click on the icon it goes to the "Launching..." screen, then the screen goes black and reverts back to the desktop.

I have an X800XL btw and every other steam game runs fine. I've downloaded lost coast twice and verified the gcf files, as well as added hl2.exe to my firewall exceptions list.

i had this problem too. it has something to do with resolution and refresh rate. are u using any type of refresh locking program? if so, disable it.

if not, try going into the LC config file and set resulution to same as your desktop.

My Lost coast doesn't even have a cfg file yet. Can you give me a bit more help?

texuspete00 said:
Games buggy as hell for me on driver 81.85. 7800GTX.

Anything wrong with this picture?

CT_HL2LC.JPG

Looks awesome when it's working. Thats just a highly compressed JPG. My frame rate is great (yes even when it's not dropping all the textures) but there is a horrible hitching also. Guess it's from WHQL->beta for me. Was nice being on a certified driver for a couple of days. :eek:

I redownloaded and I still get this bullshit. I used to say I barely had any problems with any of my PC games or drivers. Guess I forgot to knock on wood one too many times. This, I can't fucking play FABLE at all, the cursor in menus goes freaking bonkers, it's like playing simon picking a magic spell or quitting the game. This blows my shorts up. WTF

I've had problems with other Source games where i can only see the left upper quarter of my ammo counter. The PC gaming Gods are throwing lightning bolts at one of there biggest supporters. Why me? :(

Since I have at least two fucked up games I'm switching drivers. Probably mobo's too.

Marcdaddy said:
No problems here and it looks so good i Crapped my pants, Check my SYSTEM in SIG.

dude ditch the fx and feed your cards properly. Grab an opteron 146, mine does 3.1ghz on air stable. With 1mb cache.

Incredible graphics! Also proves to me that the 6600GT is a good HDR performer as well, as at my 1024x768 resolution it's extremely smooth (don't have an LCD monitor that supports 1600x res yet).

From what I understand, outside of the demonstration area, the rest is "windows dressing" and like the props in Hollywood, look like cardboard cutouts when observed on the "wrong coast" ;)

Hopefully they'll flesh this town out as well, to allow for more exploration.

I played through it with everything maxed at 1280x1024 with AAx2 AFx8 and the Full HDR (or at least as full as it gets with ATi) setting.
[email protected]
1GB Ram
x800XL not OC'd

The game ran pretty good, it got a little hitchy in one of the last scripted sceens but the framerate was still good (30FPS lowest)

Overall it was pretty, but I'm still pissed that we've waited so long for HL2 only to be disappointed by the ending. I kinda want to get a shirt that says, "I waited 6 years for Half Life 2 and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

Killdozer said:
I played through it with everything maxed at 1280x1024 with AAx2 AFx8 and the Full HDR (or at least as full as it gets with ATi) setting.
[email protected]
1GB Ram
x800XL not OC'd

The game ran pretty good, it got a little hitchy in one of the last scripted sceens but the framerate was still good (30FPS lowest)

Overall it was pretty, but I'm still pissed that we've waited so long for HL2 only to be disappointed by the ending. I kinda want to get a shirt that says, "I waited 6 years for Half Life 2 and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt"

You must have ran lower settings than me. I ran @ 1280x1024 4xAA 8xAF and everything to max. Lowest I got was 20 while average was 30-40.

Its a nice technology demonstrator, thats all. Its not a good level, thats why it isnt in the game.

texuspete00 said:
I redownloaded and I still get this bullshit. I used to say I barely had any problems with any of my PC games or drivers. Guess I forgot to knock on wood one too many times. This, I can't fucking play FABLE at all, the cursor in menus goes freaking bonkers, it's like playing simon picking a magic spell or quitting the game. This blows my shorts up. WTF

I've had problems with other Source games where i can only see the left upper quarter of my ammo counter. The PC gaming Gods are throwing lightning bolts at one of there biggest supporters. Why me? :(

Since I have at least two fucked up games I'm switching drivers. Probably mobo's too.

umm...that's supposed to be like that man. He's behind the village. He jumped off the cliff, where he's not supposed to be. It's a glitch but it's not graphical.

Far Cry with HDR looks better than this HL2 Lost Coast demo...Having recently just replayed far cry with HDR...it's not just wishful thinking...Far Cry's world looks more real, and is more immersive.

Archaea said:
Far Cry with HDR looks better than this HL2 Lost Coast demo...Having recently just replayed far cry with HDR...it's not just wishful thinking...Far Cry's world looks more real, and is more immersive.
flame bait huh?

HighTest said:
Incredible graphics! Also proves to me that the 6600GT is a good HDR performer as well, as at my 1024x768 resolution it's extremely smooth (don't have an LCD monitor that supports 1600x res yet).

From what I understand, outside of the demonstration area, the rest is "windows dressing" and like the props in Hollywood, look like cardboard cutouts when observed on the "wrong coast" ;)

Hopefully they'll flesh this town out as well, to allow for more exploration.
were all your settings high? i had 1024 with all settings maxed except filtering was trilinear and AA was off. framerates were in the low 20's and mid-teens in many areas (like when you climb the cliff in the beginning) and it was pretty unplayable half the time.

i also exprienced two glitches: 1) combine dudes stay in place with their arms spread out when i load a certain game, 2) and a blown-up helicopter part landed on the wooden ledge below me and constantly kept making (annoying, repetitive) exploding sounds until i figured out what the problem was and moved the wooden ledge with my gravity gun, letting the heli part fall from underneath it (i guess exploded helicopter parts cause the sound on contact).

it was fun though, and i liked the HDR effects.

Back