• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Lost Bigadv Workunit

obscurity78

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 11, 2009
Messages
214
Lost a 76% complete bigadv workunit due to a full disk tonight.. argh!

Any way to recover from this? When I restart the client it starts over at 0% instead of resuming from the last checkpoint.

Info: Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) running client version 6.34
 
Ouch! I dont think you can recover from that unless you had a full backup beforehand of the F@H folder. How did you run out of disk space? hehe
 
Lost a 76% complete bigadv workunit due to a full disk tonight.. argh!

Any way to recover from this? When I restart the client it starts over at 0% instead of resuming from the last checkpoint.

Info: Linux (Ubuntu 10.10) running client version 6.34

the way to recover.... is keep folding... don't pause... you have less than a 50/50 of a client resuming without restarting the wu...

In your case....clean up some diskspace lol... sorry... no recovery...
 
You can get TB drives for ~$45 new and I think there are some FS in the DC section for even cheaper.

In your case it will be a huge ppd bump.
 
You can get TB drives for ~$45 new and I think there are some FS in the DC section for even cheaper.

In your case it will be a huge ppd bump.

Oh trust me I have plenty of space. All totalled up I have about 7.5 TB between my two systems. I just partitioned my /home directory funky and it filled up briefly while copying some files around.

How is drive space a PPD bump?
 
the way to recover.... is keep folding... don't pause... you have less than a 50/50 of a client resuming without restarting the wu...

In your case....clean up some diskspace lol... sorry... no recovery...

The 50/50 odds weren't with me. It restarted the WU at 0%. With only a day left to go in the deadline (and 2 days worth of work already done) I had to let it go and start a new 6900.
 
Ouch! I dont think you can recover from that unless you had a full backup beforehand of the F@H folder. How did you run out of disk space? hehe

My /home directory is only 60 gig and I was copying files from another machine and it filled up briefly. Of course it had to happen as it was saving a checkpoint.. :eek:
 
Back
Top