Lost 2nd vista boot

Krilikz

Limp Gawd
So on my laptop i have two harddrives. hd1 has 2 partition (1 with my main version of vista the other with windows 7). HD2 has a partition just for my DJ version of vista.

When i first loaded my dj vista i was able to select between my two versions of vista via the boot selector. However after i reloaded my MAIN vista the boot screen would no longer come up. So now all i see is my main version of vista and windows 7.

The only steps i took to try to fix this is by making the DJ vista an active partition.

I never quite understand why anyone would dual boot the same version of Windows. Anything that could be accomplished by this, could be done with user accounts or hardware profiles. Anyway, have you tried booting off your Vista disc and running a repair on that partition? You might render the remaining partitions unbootable though, and might need to be fixed as well, or you might end up needing a third party boot loader to fix this. I despise multi-boot setups for several reasons, but this is the primary...where you can easily render them as non-booting.

Back