n00b
Hey all,
So i have just built a new rig, spec:

ASUS crosshair MB
AMD X2 6400+ CPU
8800 ultra video card
2 x 1gig Crucial DDR2 800 RAM
1 raptor HDD

When i ran 3Dmark 06 maybe a day after i had everything running (No overclocking yet) i scored just under 11000. which i compared to other rig's and seemed to be in the right range. Then yesterday i decided to run "mark" again and frame rate was crazy low (like 9-20 FPS) when it was finished i got a score of just over 6000. I was hoping some one had some insight to what could be going on, because now im frearing a RMA.

Also- still nothing has been overclocked. i ran 3Dmark 06 again cause i could remember the last score i got and wanted a base so that i could start to OC.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated. I hope i provided enough info, if not let me know. thanks in advance.

(1) Make sure your drivers aren't overriding anything and adding any stuff (anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering)
(2) Is this Vista?
(3) Have you tried new drivers?
(4) Is it slow/bad in games?
(5) Use CPUz to make sure your PCIx16 link width is at 16x and not 1x. ;)

etc. :)

Make sure your CPU is running at full speed. and power and not stuck in a cool n quiet state

1) Not really sure what u mean be overriding and adding stuff. i used Driver sweeper if thats what you mean for overriding, but for adding stuff not really sure. I have the free version of "mark" so i run it at what ever the default settings are.
2) no not vista (XP 32 bit)
3) when i first ran 3D mark i used the driver that came with the card. Not sure if i screwed something up, but when i update the driver thats when i got the lower score. All though i can't be curtain that where the problem started.
4) no it is not to my knowledge running any slower in game play. However it could be, game play is not choppy and never hangs. for example i play crysis at full res and on high with everything almost maxed. Not sure of the frame rate but it seems to run fine. Source i run maxed out and get around 115-150 FPS.
5) i checked CPUz and PCIx16 is right where it should be.

6) cool & quiet is disabled

I really can't for the life of me figure out where i went wrong. i keep trying different things and running "mark" and still the same low scores. Dont know, also not sure if this is normal but like i said i have a X2 6400+ and during the CPU tests in "mark" i get around 0-1 FPS. not sure if thats normal.

Any more suggestions would be great, thanks again guys for the help. ;)

When you first open up 3dmark and you get the opening page where it tells you your system configuration (the page where you press the bottom telling you to "Run 3dmark") what speed does it say your CPU is at? I had your problem only once and as I recall on this first page my CPU was reading a lower mulplier resulting is a much slower clock. check and see. I bet you it's reading something weird.

No everything is at the right speed. As far as i know it is scanning all my hardware correctly. :confused:

Back