Lords of the Fallen....hardcore rpg for next-gen consoles and PC

I'm most likely going to pick up the Ancient Labyrinth DLC in January...the game was a diamond in the rough...with Patch 1.4 fixing most of the remaining performance issues/bugs it seems like a good time for a replay

LOTF is currently $19.99 during the Steam Holiday sale...definitely worth it at that price...I wish I had waited 2 months and saved $30

Picked this up for $12.75 (had some TF2 hat I sold for $8 before Steam's cut and some other dumbass cards). It was a risk since it says 6GB of RAM as a minimum requirement, I have 4GB. It works and seems to run well at least through the tutorial boss.

Ancient Labyrinth DLC is due next week

the DLC which was originally expected to launch in January, will be released on March 4th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC...the setting is a "long-forgotten library, locked away between the human and demonic realms millennia ago" where you must hunt the demonic lord of the Rhoger army...the content should span about 2.5 hours of playtime, according to previous comments from CI Games...

Ancient Labyrinth DLC Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7btG6yLNx0

2.5 hours of gameplay?? That's pathetic isn't it? I'm really looking to play this game once it reaches the right price point. 3 hours of gameplay is sad...

2.5 hours of gameplay?? That's pathetic isn't it? I'm really looking to play this game once it reaches the right price point. 3 hours of gameplay is sad...

I think most single player DLC is around this long...hopefully they price it accordingly...the setting sounds pretty dull...a Library?...seriously?

If the 2.5 hours of gameplay are good it might be worth $5....maybe. I haven't touched this in a while and probably won't go back to it. It was a fun game, but it isn't very compelling once you're at the end of NG+.

I ended up stopping close to the end of NG+ just in case the DLC allows you to begin at any time. No clue if I'll ever buy it, but I guess I might.

Picked this up on the Xbone for $9 on the deals with gold sale. Played about 2 hours or so and I think I am going to have to shelf it. On the Xbox the game has terrible framerate combined with constant screen tearing. I have never played a game that had screen tearing this bad. I have no Idea how this game could be released in such a state on the console.

It always bothers me when console devs disable vsync because there's no way to "fix" it. It's also a cheap solution for FPS issues while still ensuring screenshots look good. I refuse to play games like that.

I snagged this for $10 on Xbox Live and its a pretty decent DS clone. But yea .. its ultra short. I would have been pissed to pay full price for a dumb DS clone.

If you can get it cheap then fuck it go for it.

The new dlc got blasted on Gamespot,

3/10 Gamespot

Shame.

I was thinking about getting this but now have no interest...30 minutes of new content??...at least they're only charging $8...that being said the whole library setting sounded goofy from the get-go...seriously a library??...oh well

I was thinking about getting this but now have no interest...30 minutes of new content??...at least they're only charging $8...that being said the whole library setting sounded goofy from the get-go...seriously a library??...oh well

To be fair...Dukes Archives are a library for all intents and purposes and that's a great level. Obviously they couldn't rip that off too much but it "could" have been cool.

To be fair...Dukes Archives are a library for all intents and purposes and that's a great level. Obviously they couldn't rip that off too much but it "could" have been cool.

that's different...that's 1 level of a full game...it works in that instance...but 1 entire library level for DLC seems kinda un-inspired...even still I would have bought the game had it gotten better reviews but it seems even fans of the base game are trashing this DLC...seems like the developers have moved on to LOTF 2

Sigh.
And developers wonder why gamers hate the idea of DLC. At least the Dark Souls packs were worthwhile...especially when sold as a bundle. More devs need to look to GTA4's DLC as inspiration.

The dark souls dlc all contained a ton of content, hardest bosses also. that was dlc done right.

I probably spent 50 hours on the DLC in Dark souls...maybe even more...

Dukes Archives was one level but it's more than 1.5 hours of gameplay isn't it? haha

Dukes archive had a lot of cool shit to find. it was also damn hard the first time.

I must have missed the Xbone sale. I swear I never saw it. If I saw it, I would have grabbed it.

I remember back when a GOTY edition actually meant something.
Not that Lords was a bad game...but did it actually win any meaningful GOTY awards?

I've gotten to the 3rd boss now. I'm still a little confused on the whole keeping XP, monsters coming back or not, getting X health potions, banking stuff and the portals to these dungeons. nothing is explained really well.

3rd boss threw these guys that i could barely kill to get to him over and over. I made a rogue/rogue

what i want to ask is: is this game worth playing through?

I generally found the game favored brutish characters. Quick weapons did very little damage and it's not like you can effectively wear light armor and wield a heavy weapon thanks to the wind-up.

If you don't like the game in the first 3-4 hours, it doesn't change much. I had fun with it, but it's like a lite-Souls game. If I wasn't such a fan, I doubt this game would have be as compelling.

With XP, it comes down to risk/reward. You can spend it ASAP, but you don't get as much of it. Or you can take a change and keep moving forward to get bonuses...but you risk losing it. Once you get to the dungeon area, you're powerful enough to take a lot of risks and risk clearing out large chunks of the enemies in one swoop.

Back