Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Blu Ray set $49

Actually is a little bit cheaper than I've seen it before. They have been selling it for a while for $49.99 and its $48.49 now. Either way still a very good price.

Yea I remember seeing it this price during black friday, but I passed because I was not shopping for myself. I did not know it had stayed this price since, I was just happy to see it again.

It is a nice set for that price and I wanted the Blu Ray EE's.

If you want to check Amazon price history: http://www.camelcamelcamel.com

Put the url in to the text field. It's been $49.99 for a little while now and a slight tick down from the other non Amazon but fulfilled by Amazon shop.

Actually is a little bit cheaper than I've seen it before. They have been selling it for a while for $49.99 and its $48.49 now. Either way still a very good price.

That's because the seller at that price is "Super Fast DVDs". Not an inspiring name, but they do have a 99% seller rating on over 40,000 customers. And it is fulfilled by Amazon so Free Shipping at that price.

Amazon itself is still $49.99.

does the extended still fit on one disk?
NOT going to be swapping disk half way thru a movie.

does the extended still fit on one disk?
NOT going to be swapping disk half way thru a movie.

Believe I read in one of the reviews that the graphics / audio data on the bluray series had so much data that it still required them to use multiple disks. I guess I can appreciate that they aren't cutting corners and compressing it down to just one disk, I went ahead and ordered me a set last night (even though I have the extended DVD boxed set). :cool:

black friday it was $40, then shot back up to ~$85 .. I guess its down to ~$50 now, not sure why, I bet its popular as heck, but a lot of ppl were unhappy about changing disks in the middle of a movie, as it does break immersion.

black friday it was $40, then shot back up to ~$85 .. I guess its down to ~$50 now, not sure why, I bet its popular as heck, but a lot of ppl were unhappy about changing disks in the middle of a movie, as it does break immersion.

Totally worth it, this is one of the best movies to watch with some high end home theater equipment. The sound is incredible and the visuals are fantastic!

Totally worth it, this is one of the best movies to watch with some high end home theater equipment. The sound is incredible and the visuals are fantastic!

I didn't say I didn't buy it .. for my 103" screen and 7.1 :) .. I'm making a party out of it actually with a couple folks, but I've been saying that since I got it on black friday.. lol.. gotta get the ppl together.

Wow kinda ridiculous that the movie is > 45 gb, must have a wicked sound track. Lol, part 1 and 2 are about 3.5 hrs, and part 3 is like 4. I am so ready to pull the trigger, now I just need a 7.1 setup :)

is there a way to rip both disk and then join the files together for seamless playing?
I have all my movies on my nas and then play them with a media player.

Tempted to get it but I already bought the extended edition dvds. Just have something against buying the same thing twice even though it is better quality.

is there a way to rip both disk and then join the files together for seamless playing?
I have all my movies on my nas and then play them with a media player.

I'm confident there is a way, but keep in mind that raw you'd be talking about ~100gb per movie.

Me and a bunch of friends pulled the LotR Extended Version Marathon one Saturday ... three cases of beer and 12+ hours of movie ... Started @ 10:AM ... most people were asleep or passed out by 7:00PM :) it was cool though, although my a$$ hurt from sitting for 12 hours.

I'm confident there is a way, but keep in mind that raw you'd be talking about ~100gb per movie.

The only way I know how to play multiple files almost seamlessly is using something like XBMC for play black. In XBMC you can play a folder, although I usually notice a hesitation on the change, but at least you don't have to exchange discs. I have the DVD versions, but these are some of my all time favorite movies, I do double dip on classics. I want to own the best version.

And disc is cheap, so 100gb per movie is no big. I am delaying an additional 2tb disk purchase because of the flooding, but I expect prices will drop by summer. My server has 5TB now with room for one more disk before I need to swap out the smallest disk.

I just wish they would have done the appendices in Blu Ray since I already have the DVD's, that is why there was no way I was going to pay even $80 for this set. But $50 for essentially 6 blue ray discs is "reasonable", plus I can give my DVD EE's to a friend.

I bought them a few weeks ago. The disc swapping is kind of annoying the picture quality is FANTASTIC. I was really apprehensive about swapping the discs but there's no other way to get the extended versions without it.

they were talking about the green tinge since the dvd release.
It must be something that was done in the original movie or something.

Back