Looking to upgrade, suggestions

Wheels617

Limp Gawd
Hi folks, up to date rig specs are in my sig. I am ok with staying with the 970gtx for a bit, but am wondering what would "feel" like an upgrade as far as new cpu and mobo go? I am hoping to sell the current guts, cpu, mobo, and ram to partially fund this upgrade. Any help is appreciated.

thanks!

what would you consider a "feel" upgrade?. Haswell-E 5820K/5930K with X99 platform will offer a substantial amount of IPC over your chip, so even at the same 4ghz (and they tend to average 4.5ghz) you are looking from 40% to 50% per thread performance upgrade, so that mean a pretty good overall performance jump. however, at this point with a chip like you have I would just wait for Broadwell-E and look for an even extra performance jump. Your chip isn't anything bad yet and with just a GTX 970 you are far from bottleneck it, so my advice would be just wait for broadwell-E.

I had been chomping at the bit to upgrade, so I know how you feel. I ended up doing an x99 build so my x79 build will be up in for sale trade soon ;)

Back