Looking to upgrade from 193p+

zerga

n00b
Hello all,
I have been using a Samsung 193p+ panel for the past 6 years and I am finally looking to upgrade. If I recall, it was definitely a top tier monitor at the time with it superior PVA panel. It has great colors, no backlight bleed and no ghosting.

However, I am finally looking to move on to a widescreen monitor, either 24 or 27 inch. I have been reading up on many panels and I am wondering if all these new monitors are superior to my panel? I see a lot of threads with the same old problems from 6 years ago and wonder if my PVA 193p+ is still superior.

Does anyone have any recommendations, is everything newer, better? I am keenly interested on those Korean Panels everyone is raving about.

Sorry if I seem very naive, I've been out of the game for a while ;)

My philosophy has always been that unhappy people will post more than happy users. Every monitor on the planet has a chance of coming with defects. The best you can do is order one and hope the best. I own a Samsung S27A850D, which apparently has the worst backlight bleed on the planet based off of what I have read on the internet. Thankfully my unit only has VERY minor bleed on the lower lefthand corner.

Someone I know just bought one of the Korean monitors. He got it from some ebay seller that guarantees no dead pixels and charges a little more. Very nice monitor, even if the stand is crappy its a damn good deal.

Actually, your monitor has plenty of ghosting, it's only that you can not see it.

I'd get Samsung's 27-incher. It has a better (non-grainy) anti-glare coating than the competitors.

The Korean monitors might be cheap, but you can't adjust colors on them (except via graphics drivers, but that's not the best way to go), there's no warranty (or there is, but it costs to much to ship it back), the power adapter is of questionable quality etc. etc.
I actually have a CrossOver, the only one which have adjustable stand (11½ cm height).
The touch buttons don't work, so I'm stuck at maximum brightness... Makes it useless.
(I believe) The power adapter fu***d up my over-voltage protection jack. Another ~60 euros down the drain.
And to top it of, the stand was a bit mutilated so it's impossible to rotate a full 90° into pivot mode.

Back