• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking to the experts for ideas...

Joined
Sep 7, 2004
Messages
3,032
Well to get right to the point im lazy and not really creative, my exos (original from 2002)stopped working so i disconnected it and beat it several times with a bat cause I wasnt happy with the performance the last few months. Sadly I'm not as savvy as most of you with tools and cleanly cutting cases with all your pretty pictures and that sorta thing so thats why I want a premade external enclosure.... So now I'm back on air and I want to build some cooling solution for just my cpu, but i want an external solution, whats my best bet in terms of getting a small premade box for something like this? Also I was thinking of getting the Nautilus unit, using it for a few months and then maybe later gut the unit and change the parts to a custom kit, is this a good idea? Sadly I'm not as savvy as most of you with tools and cleanly cutting cases with all your pretty pictures and that sorta thing so thats why I want a premade external enclosure....
 
The only part in the Nautilus kit that might not be tossed when you upgrade is the pump. It's a Laing DDC - not the 18W version.

If you really don't want to cut anything on your case, and you don't want to worry about a ton of technical stuff, get a kit from Petras (probably the Coolkit Basic ), but swap the pump out for the 18W Liang DDC (sold as the Swiftech MCP355 - not the 350). Using a radbox - included - (which I personally detest - but no less than external units), there's no dremeling or cutting necessary (with the passthru bracket for the hoses), and you're getting all primo parts from day one. For not much more than the Nautilus.
 
youi could get this if you case has a 120 exhaust fan and it mounts just like a fan....


people have gotten good temps with this and it is pump, block, rad and fluid so you dont have to do anything but install it.....
 
Back
Top