Looking to switch to Intel

Xyrax

Limp Gawd
I've been an AMD user since the Athlons first came out many years ago so I've been out of the loop on the intricacies of Intel chips for quite some time. I'm looking to upgrade my current rig (see sig) to a C2D rig. While looking into CPU's I was thinking of getting either the E6700 or E6750. The E6700 is $130 more than the E6750 but the only differences I see are the FSB and voltage specs. Why is there such a price difference between these two CPU's with such seemingly minor differences?

The E6700 never received a price drop. Simple as that.

Besides, its been phased out by the cooler (G0 ftw), faster (well, bus speed anyways), more mature, cheaper E6750.

OK Thanks. I figured it was something like that.

Now off to the mobo forum to find info about mobo's.

Get the E6750 and oc that sucker with a Ultima 90i and some AS5 or AC MX2.

3.4+ should be a walk in the park on a good mobo.

why not save a couple bucks and get an E6600? they can clock up pretty good also, i have mine running at 3.6 (400x9) orthos stable. just make sure you get a decent MB/DDR2 ram, and your all set. i picked up an ASUS P5B-Plus, cause i didnt need SLI, for 140 dollars, and i like the OC'abillity of this board combined with my OCZ special ops 2 gig dual channel kit.... its a budget build, in my eyes, but performance wise, can hold its own. the onboard RAID on this board works awesome in raid0 also, i installed the raid along with vista ultimate x32, and didnt need to add additional raid drivers at all, they were in vista already.....

whatever you decide on, i think you will be impressed with the switch to INTEL, as i was an avid AMD guy also for 8+years, till my last build, i havn't looked back!

why not save a couple bucks and get an E6600? they can clock up pretty good also, i have mine running at 3.6 (400x9) orthos stable. just make sure you get a decent MB/DDR2 ram, and your all set. i picked up an ASUS P5B-Plus, cause i didnt need SLI, for 140 dollars, and i like the OC'abillity of this board combined with my OCZ special ops 2 gig dual channel kit.... its a budget build, in my eyes, but performance wise, can hold its own. the onboard RAID on this board works awesome in raid0 also, i installed the raid along with vista ultimate x32, and didnt need to add additional raid drivers at all, they were in vista already.....

whatever you decide on, i think you will be impressed with the switch to INTEL, as i was an avid AMD guy also for 8+years, till my last build, i havn't looked back!

Because E6600's are stupid expensive.

Why get an E6600 when you could buy an E6550...?

But then why buy the E6550 when you can buy the E6750 for another $20?

Back