Looking to replace my Steelseries Mouse Pad

Prozac1964

Limp Gawd
Hi everyone! :) I have bought and used 5 of these Steelseries mouse pads over the last six years: Steelseries 63004SS QcK Mouse Pad. They say in their product description that the pad has a non-slip surface. The feel of this pad is fantastic however I've owned five and I can tell you from personal experience that they ALL slip.

It's only moves about an inch by the end of a two hour gaming session, but nonetheless it's irritating having to constantly move it back into place. Sooooooo, I'm wanting to try something new: a cloth/foam rubber pad that feels like the Steelseries top surface but actually sticks. The pad size is approx. 10 x 12.

Any ideas? :)

Another option for you would be the Razer Vespula. It's a double sided mouse pad (one side is super slick for quick movements, the other side has a little more texture for more control)
It also has rubber feet on all 4 corners to keep it from slipping around.
It can be used alone or on top of a nice mat with a gel wrist rest to put the mouse pad on for even less slippage and more comfort.
I am using one that is ~4 years old (original version) and it's still in great shape with the rubber feet intact, and never moves around on me even during my most frantic mouse clicking games like Cod, Crysis, etc...
Amazon has it on sale for $27 (from $35) with free shipping right now.
http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Vespula...id=1370545382&sr=8-1&keywords=razer+mouse+pad

edit: the size is 11.8 x 9.4

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looks nice, thanks for the link. Do you use one of these pads?
I've used them before and was pleased with the performance. They're thicker than the standard QcK pads; more like the QcK Mass. The QcK Mass is a lot cheaper than PureTrak, if you want to save some $$.

Thanks for all your posts. I've had it with the Steelseries Qck pads. The top surface is great but they failed on the bottom. They are supposed to never slip, yet without fail, and I've owned four, within a week they start sliding around on my desk, which as you know will get you killed in fps games.

I'm not nearly as concerned about the top surface, other than wanting it to be cloth. I'm concerned about the underside of the mouse pad. IT HAS TO STICK AND NOT SLIDE! :) What's the point in sliding a fantastic mouse across the top surface of a mouse pad,, only to have it slide all over your desk. Grrrrrrrrr

Ok, rant over.

But if anyone has a mouse pad that absolutely does not slip, please share. Someone out there has got to be making mouse pads that have immovable grip - and will NEVER slide. :)

Thx

Weird, I have two SteelSeries pads that I've used a lot and have no signs of wear. Get a RatPadz and put cloth over it :)

What are you doing to make your QCK slide? Maybe it's just an issue with the thinner versions but I use the QCK Mass at both home and work and they NEVER move. Then again I'm a medium sensitivity user (1800 dpi), not low sensitivity.

At home I have the pad sitting on a stack of foam craft sheets (http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/12-x-18-black-foam-sheet-5mm-330415/). I literally cannot move the pad while it is sitting on top of these sheets. The whole reason I'm using them is there is a ridge at the front of my desk about 0.25" high and I needed to raise the mouse surface over it. The black looks snazzy and I could see someone bonding it to the surface of their desk if necessary (the stack will still move if I push, but not the pad itself).

What are you doing to make your QCK slide? Maybe it's just an issue with the thinner versions but I use the QCK Mass at both home and work and they NEVER move. Then again I'm a medium sensitivity user (1800 dpi), not low sensitivity.

At home I have the pad sitting on a stack of foam craft sheets (http://shop.hobbylobby.com/products/12-x-18-black-foam-sheet-5mm-330415/). I literally cannot move the pad while it is sitting on top of these sheets. The whole reason I'm using them is there is a ridge at the front of my desk about 0.25" high and I needed to raise the mouse surface over it. The black looks snazzy and I could see someone bonding it to the surface of their desk if necessary (the stack will still move if I push, but not the pad itself).

That's interesting. I have always used the Steelseries QCK thin pads. Don't get me wrong I love the top surface of their mouse pads. I mainly slide around while I'm gaming, playing first person shooters, at about medium sensitivity also. I'm right handed so as I make my moves and go through the game, after about 15 minutes the pad has angled itself about an inch from where it started. I never tried the QCK Mass, because I just thought I wquldn't like it. I'd be willing to try anything if it will stay in place. I'm using a Logitech G500 mouse if that matters. Thanks for your reply. :)

Now that you mention it, my brother bought the thin version of the QCK about the same time I bought my QCK Mass and I do tend to see him having to reposition it every so often while playing FPS. I think the extra thickness really makes a difference in terms of stability.

I alternate between the Icemat V2 and the Corsair MM600 depending how which house I'm at and after a few hours of gaming, I've never seen any movement. Though these 2 pads are more of the hard surface rather than the cloth you were looking for.

thanks. I've used steelseries hard pads in the past and really liked them, I thought I'd never use anything else, but I must admit the clothe is very nice...but I can play with either. I'll take a look at those two and see if I might like them.

Back