• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking to replace aging Monsoon 2.1 system

LOLANG

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
147
I have owned the iM-700 set since 2001 and was under the impression they were a very good 2.1 system. I have the system hooked through the analog front speaker out on my HT Striker. I listen to every genre of music, I watch DVD movies, and play FPS and strategy games.

I am looking to replace my system over a few months, buying pieces of the system as I go. My question is should I remove my HT Striker to opt for Crossfire, and use my motherboard's optical out, or would my sound card's optical out sound better? I am aiming for a receiver + 2 speakers + subwoofer setup with a budget at $800.

Thanks in advance!
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I went a different route with my system. I jumped on the refurbished AV40 deal last week, and am looking to purchase some Audioengine A5's off Craigslist and then look for an active subwoofer to complete the system. The A5's will be front speakers, AV40's rear speakers.
 
I can always refuse the MAUDIO's as they are still in transit and stick with the Audioengines, but what would you recommend for rear active monitors?
 
Back
Top