Looking to purchase 46" 1080p LCD HDTV?

Which Flat Panel is clearly the best bang for my buck?

• Mitsubishi's LT46246 46" Diamond 1080p LCD HDTV

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samsung LN46B650 46" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Techlord

Weaksauce
Hello everyone, :)

I'm looking to purchase a 46" 1080p LCD HDTV, I have narrowed it down to these two flat panel LCD HDTV's. Mitsubishi's 46" Diamond 1080p LCD HDTV 120Hz, and second Samsung LN46B650 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV. What I need is your expertise and knowledge of these products, this is my first HDTV let aloan a flat panel, Pros and Cons are welcome! Thanks for your helpful advice! :)

I put in my vote for the Samsung 650, But I would never buy it myself. I would highly recommend the non-glossy matte screen version which is the 630. I currently have the ln46a550 which is also a matte screen non-glossy, love every bit about it.

I saw the Samsung LN46B750 LCD HDTV "240Hz" today, is it really necessary? That would make it 2 times as fast as 120Hz, so the price difference between the 120Hz and the 240Hz models is under $200 dollars. Input needed.

I saw the Samsung LN46B750 LCD HDTV "240Hz" today, is it really necessary? That would make it 2 times as fast as 120Hz, so the price difference between the 120Hz and the 240Hz models is under $200 dollars. Input needed.

No, completely not necessary, some people hate the 120Hz mode as it is a "fake" 120Hz. The TV is just doubling the amount of frames itself, it is not actually showing 120 different images/second, just duplicating the images and showing double in the same time. That is the simplified version of it, I am not going to try and pretend I am an expert on TV design or features. Also keep in mind that 120Hz tv's only take in a max input of 60Hz.

No, completely not necessary, some people hate the 120Hz mode as it is a "fake" 120Hz. The TV is just doubling the amount of frames itself, it is not actually showing 120 different images/second, just duplicating the images and showing double in the same time. That is the simplified version of it, I am not going to try and pretend I am an expert on TV design or features. Also keep in mind that 120Hz tv's only take in a max input of 60Hz.

What you say makes perfect sense, I read a review earlier on customer reviews of the 120Hz and how it works. I'm told pixel response times are far more important when deaing with LCD's. The Samsung's allow you to adjust the way motion is displayed, gaming, sports and movies. I was able to see both flat panels side by side running in 1080p and the Samsung clearly had whiter whites and deeper blacks than the mitsubishi, it wasn't just that though. The Samsung was crisper, clearer and just sharper looking with beautiful deep rich colors! The Samsung 46B750 was just unbelievable with fast motion and if I buy it it won't be because of the 240Hz, because I found out about the 240Hz after being impressed with it!

Back