Looking to host videos

bob

2[H]4U
Im looking to use my webspace for hosting videos (currently 70 gigs transfer, 5 gigs space to start out). Im looking to host videos for a forum, the userload wont be very high (probably no more than 2-3 people using it at any time). Will be to host gaming videos made with games like Fraps, since I despise crap like youtube or streetfire.

I would be looking to provide people with an interface simiar to coppermine (albums, random links, easy to use), and give people a direct link to the file. The problem is, Im looking for something that is free to use.

FTP isnt an option, since Cpanel wont let me configure an annonymus upload to a subdomain. Plus, FTP is too much for some simple-minded people to use.

Google hasnt turned up any promising results. Im running the newest version of PHP, MySQL, and Perl. Any ideas?

Video streaming is pretty bandwidth intensive, even at low numbers. I don't know of any thing freely available for a video gallery, so your best bet is to make one yourself. I would probably have the file and a screen cap of the video (jpg) uploaded as part of each video, simply pair them up by title in their file name.

All of the scripts so far dont seem to do any good, since most of the uploads fail. Sigh, might have to figure out a way to create an annonymous FTP upload account and create a script to move files from it.

Back