Looking to give STALKER another try...

Karant

Gawd
Hi there everybody at [H]! About 4 months ago I had received STALKER as part of a bundle with my ASUS Maximus Formula motherboard. I had thoroughly played about 6 hours into the game, however I had found myself consistently being frusturated with game-play problems and insane difficulties of proceeding. So I'm asking you at Oblivion-Lost, if I was to give STALKER another try, which mod(s) (tiny little mods and / or total conversion mods) and patch(es) would you suggest I include with my STALKER experience? Thanks a whole lot!

Looks good, now how about official patches? I remember having problems after updating to a certain patch a while back, anyone suggest which version is best?

1.0005 seems to be the one supported by most mods(OL), although im running 1.0006 right now and no problems so far (almost done the game) but no mods installed 'cept for Float32

I read somewhere that 1.0006 was just MP patches and is otherwise no different than 1.0005 - Actually I think it was on the Oblivion:Lost thread that's mentioned earlier.

From reading about Oblivion Lost and being in the middle of my first playthrough of the game I'd have to say Tim James is right about not using it. The blowouts sound like you have to know exactly where to go or else you're going to die.

If you go with Oblivion Lost it requires 1.0004 or 1.0005/6 and you'll need an extra patch to get it working with 1.0004

Float32 seems to be popular and Sharper textures - look on the OL thread for the links.

I'm using the 1.0005 patch (Steam version) and don't have many problem. Major lag every so often (in the same spots on maps) and one crash.

From reading about Oblivion Lost and being in the middle of my first playthrough of the game I'd have to say Tim James is right about not using it. The blowouts sound like you have to know exactly where to go or else you're going to die.

i'm playing for the first time using the OL mod and i've had two encounters with blowouts. i dig the adrenaline rush you get when you see a blowout starting and you panic while looking around for a building to run to. vanilla STALKER never hooked me. i tried about 4 different times to get into it but couldn't for some reason. the OL mod changed enough things that i'm now hooked on the game.

Would any of these conflict with each other? Bugs, glitches, etc?

i've installed OL and S.H.A.R.P.E.R. textures with no problems yet. i'm going to install the float32 mod tonight. in the thread i linked to above, Spare-Flair says he has all three installed and he didn't mention any problems.

edit: courtesy of Spare-Flair from that thread:
I believe the shadow and lightning issues disappeared after I uninstalled and reinstalled the game.

I did:
1a. Install Game
1b. Install Patch to 1.0005
2. Install Oblivion Lost
3. Install Float32
4. Install S.H.A.R.P.E.R.
5. Misc Mods and Tweaks like skins and ltx script editing

Back