Looking to get a new case...

mrmylanman

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey all,

I am thinking about changing cases, my PC-A05N is kind of small for what I am looking to do, and I want to upgrade at some point. I will be keeping my water cooling set up, or maybe changing it around some.

Some things I would like in it:

• I like Lian Li's cases
  • At least 3 5.25" bays
  • I would prefer it be a mid ATX case rather than a full one
  • Black
  • Not flashy, I like the look of Lian Li's cases for reference

I'm not sure what all is out there that would fit into the category, but I have a 2X120 radiator that I'd need to mount somewhere and would prefer it be mounted inside the case rather than outside. I would like the option to fit large GPUs as well, since who knows what the future may hold, I'll probably swap my GTX260 out sometime in the next 12 months or so.

I've looked around at some cases, but nothing really struck my eye (the PC-B25 looks nice but I don't think it'll have room for the rad inside), and wasn't sure if anyone knew of cases that I am missing. Thanks

I was a little concerned that there wouldn't be enough space for a radiator up top there on the Armorsuit or the B25, but I could always be wrong.

I was kind of considering the TJ09, any experiences on that?

The 800D looks kind of nice, however I don't know if I want to pay that much unless it's the same build quality as other things in that range.

Last edited:
Bigger mid towers can fit most graphics cards but they definitely don't have much loose space inside because case has sufficient height only for PSU and mobo.
E-ATX full towers PC-A70/71 have space for up to triple radiator if you mod top or get "pre-modded" top panel.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 could take triple rad to top and is also decently priced unlike 800D or TJ09.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119187

Thanks for the tip on that, it looks pretty nice. I'm assuming one could mount 120mm fans in place of the 230mm fans on the top?

I was going to say the B25, but you've already determined it isn't big enough. The B25 is pretty big for a mid tower case, so you might need a full tower after all.

When I got my case, I downloaded Lian-li's catalog and looked through that to find what I wanted. Each case has measurements with it so that should help figuring out which one you want.

Yeah I might check out the B25 some more, it's really nice looking. I'm not sure if the case is big enough or not.

Back