Looking to get a GTX1070, difficulty picking manufacture

WarriorX

2[H]4U
Recently upgraded CPU/mobo and thought might as well do the full upgrade so I am looking for a new GPU. I have my sights on getting a 1070 and after looking around at reviews, I am having difficulty selecting what brand to get.

The cards I have been looking at are the:
ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 8GB ROG STRIX OC Edition
MSI GTX 1070 GAMING X 8G
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming

I read reviews and it seems any of them would be good, except I still can't decide... would appreciate any opinions to help me select which one to get.

Thank you

Edit (didn't see a need to bump the thread): Thanks all for the responses, ended up getting the MSI

Last edited:
I was going to suggest the Asus STRIX or MSI Gaming X. I have the MSI version and I had the GamingX version of the 970 as well. I love the cooler design. The fans don't even run unless i'm gaming. No complaints.

My vote would be for Gigabyte or Asus. I have a Gigabyte 1080 Xtreme gaming. Rock solid. Stupid quiet - I've never heard the fans except when I turned them on in software. Speaking of, the software control is a bit.... foreign (to be kind) but it does the business.

Sounds like they're all quite similar. I guess just get the cheapest?

I love Afterburner and it just feels right using it with an MSI card even though I know it doesn't matter... lol

Sounds like they're all quite similar. I guess just get the cheapest?

I love Afterburner and it just feels right using it with an MSI card even though I know it doesn't matter... lol

Lol man, that's an apogee of brand love for me :D

I'm another one that buys MSI. Cards are sexy + Afterburner.

Just got me a Zotac 1070 "Mini".

Fans don't spin up when the card is idling (or below a certain thermal limit).

Under load, I haven't seen fan RPMs higher than ~54% and temps greater than 74-75C. Manually cranked the fans up to 90% for a dbi test and the sound was negligible.

Seems like a well-built card, overall. No buyer's remorse here!

Those are all good cards and you will not be disappointed by any of them. They all have excellent coolers with fans that are whisper quiet and idle when there is no load. The Asus and the MSI will overclock a little higher than the Gigabyte, but I doubt you could see a difference while gaming. I went with the Gigabyte as it was 40 or 50 bucks less at the time. Not sorry, I'm very happy with how it performs.

I personally like cards that exhaust their hot air out of the case rather than dump it right below the cpu.

Back