Looking to finally buy a Mac... but which one?

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm looking to get my first mac... just because. I have a pretty powerful gaming PC but I'm planning on converting it to a HTPC and just game on my 360. I only use my current main desktop just to read websites and download movie trailers.

I currently have a 24"and a 22" monitor and also a Dell M1210 laptop so I'm thinking it would be close to pointless to buy an iMac but I don't really need another laptop. The Mac Mini seems nice but it's a tad bit underpowered for the price it's at in comparason to the other Macs. I suppose I can sell off some of my additional hardware if I can stop being lazy.

Any ideas or tips?

Lets see

You dont want another laptop so the Mac Book pro is out of question, you dont want an iMac & you feel the Mac Mini doesn't have enough power, sooo why not get a Mac Pro? they only start off $2799 :)

www.Apple.com/macpro

but seriously, I think the Mac Mini is your best bet for now since you only download movie trailers and browse the net.

Lets see

You dont want another laptop so the Mac Book pro is out of question, you dont want an iMac & you feel the Mac Mini doesn't have enough power, sooo why not get a Mac Pro? they only start off $2799 :)

www.Apple.com/macpro

but seriously, I think the Mac Mini is your best bet for now since you only download movie trailers and browse the net.

Yeah I looked at the Mac Pro but uhh... yeah. Kinda pricy for my first Mac plus I'm still a PC guy at heart so the though of paying that much is umm... yeah. :p

I'd recommend the mini, just upgrade the memory to 4gb and it'll be pretty decent.

I've had 2 macbooks and a mac mini. The mini is currently my only Mac, it gets the job done just as long as you dont plan on gaming on it.

I have a file server for all my storage needs and a PC for my gaming.

Back