Looking to disassemble and paint my case interior

I'm interested in disassembling my CoolerMaster HAF932, and painting the interior black.

What tools would I need to completely disassemble my case, and build it back up (removing and replacing rivets)?

Are there any guides out there to painting a case, including preparation, what paints to use, primers, top coats, etc.?

as far as disassembly goes something to drill out the rivets and then for then a rivet gun to put it back together..
for paint if you can afford it i would have someone paint it professionally or go for powdercoat if possible

if you cant afford a pro paint job or poweder coat I think that buying automotive spray paint would give the best result for the money compared to regular spray paint, imo. the rivets I have used in putting back together cases are called "pop rivets." you need a special gun for them, and they look like nails, but you put the end that looks like a nail in the gun and pull the handle a few times and it pops.

I can't find a rivet tool on lowes.com or homedepot.com, and those are the only two places I can think of that would carry them.

I know for a fact that both lowes and home depot carry them, you best bet would be just to head out to either and take a look

Some other good tutorials for painting.

A nice tutoria by Timberwolf.
http://www.xoxideforums.com/painting-lighting-effects/18049-spray-painting.html
(this was the one I read to paint my cases) Sorry for the link to a different forum.

Also mnpctech has a nice tutorial with pics.
http://www.mnpctech.com/case-mod-paint-computer-pc-case-mod-how-to.html

Whatever you read, make sure you get all the safety stuff (good mask, eyewear, etc).

Also you can drill out the center of the rivets to pop them out. You can re-rivet them or use machine screws. I used 4-40s for mine.

If you can't find the tools at Lowes of HD, try Sears, there you can pick one up for about 10bucks, online at least.

They do not show up online, but the above posters are correct, they definitely carry them in the stores. Had to pick up my own pop rivet gun last week.

LostStorm: thanks for the link for the black rivet, I have been trying to find those locally, but have no luck.

Back