Looking to cool SLI on TIGHT fight p5n-d

stevedave

Supreme [H]ardness
So I just went SLI with 2 GTX 460's on a p5n-d. There is a single slot between the two video ports and its just not enough space for the heat to escape so in FUrMaRk I get 100+ temps on the top card and 90+ temps on the bottom card.

Water cooling would be best but I'd have to get a whole system and its expensive.

So what I am looking for is a heatsink that will work in a tight fit. I thought I saw one that wrapped around the card so the sink was above the card but I can't seem to find it.

The best I could find was this
ZEROtherm COOLMAXX 4000

and it seems it would work good in a tight squeeze because the fans are below the heatsink pushing air out instead of trying to suck it in which it can't because of the tightness.

Any better idea's for cooling this?

Example of the tight fit same MB but not my setup.
DSC_0134.jpg

ok I found the GPU cooler the wraps around. Does anyone know if this will work on a gtx460 or know of a similar one that will?

VNF100

How much space is there? These are only 33mm thick and should fit but aren't all that great IIRC.

If you can spend a bit more the somewhat ludicrous Spitfire should work well.

How much space is there? These are only 33mm thick and should fit but aren't all that great IIRC.

If you can spend a bit more the somewhat ludicrous Spitfire should work well.

BOOM Spitfire looks like it will work perfect.

it wasn't a matter of fit because they currently fit and I'm currently using them its just a matter of keeping them cool.

Thank you very much

Back