• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Looking to buy a new camera

se7en1ne

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
136
I've been researching cameras lately, and in my opinion the best non dSLR I can find is the Olympus c8080wz. I'd love to have a dSLR, but they are out of my price range for now. Does anyone have any suggestions for other dlr-like cameras? I was looking at the Nikon coolpix 8800 but it looks like the olympus outdoes it in everything except detail at higher ISO speeds and the optical zoom department.
 
I have been looking at the Canon EOS350D, a good nonslr camera (IMO) is the Sony F717 or F828.
 
i have had great luck with cannon cameras. i bought an a60 when they first came out, then about a year later my sister got an a75, and a few months ago my mom got an a95.

they have all been awesome cameras, and they take amazing pictures. there is also the option to "take control" and change many of the settings, such as f-stop, shutter speed etc.

I would highly recomend the cannon a-series (a60, a70, a75, a80, a85, a90, a95)
 
compslckr said:
i have had great luck with cannon cameras. i bought an a60 when they first came out, then about a year later my sister got an a75, and a few months ago my mom got an a95.

they have all been awesome cameras, and they take amazing pictures. there is also the option to "take control" and change many of the settings, such as f-stop, shutter speed etc.

I would highly recomend the cannon a-series (a60, a70, a75, a80, a85, a90, a95)

ive got the a80 and my mom has the a95

i def agree and recomend the Powershot's

and so you dont think im biased toward the canon i also have a fujifilm finepix s3100 (also 4mp like the a80) and the canon is SOOO much better
 
ApaThy_NeXT2 said:
Not intending to hijack your thread, but what about Cannon SD models?


I'm looking for a more slr-like camera, with full manual control. Other cameras I've looked at are the Konica Minolta Dimage a200, Nikon Coolpix 8800, and Canon Powershot Pro1. I still feel the Olympus looks like a better camera than all of these in my opinion. It has a much faster startup time at .9 seconds than all the rest, better image quality imo among other things, but there may be a camera eluding my radar. Any ideas? Thanks for all the ideas so far.
 
here is something i just took with my a80

i cant wait to get my XT though :D

i just got one of those mini tripods so i set up a little macro studio...

this isnt full size... i did some croping full size is like 1740x1664
flowersmall0jj.jpg
 
Back
Top