looking to buy a DLP TV

If you can find one, the Sony 60A3000 is a much better TV.

A number of people were able to find it on closeout for $1700-$1800 at Circuit City, Best Buy, etc. It was previously selling at about $3000, but Sony decided to exit the rear projection display market because it wasn't sufficiently profitable.

I recently got the Samsung 61" DLP with LED light source engine.

It is very nice and looks really vivid.

ive seen that one too

now i can;t decide between the sony and the samsung shit what should i do ?

ive seen that one too

now i can;t decide between the sony and the samsung shit what should i do ?

I had the same dilemma too, lol. I went to Best Buy and luckily they had the Sony 60A3000 right next to the Samsung 61" DLP LED. I went with the Sammy for a couple of reasons. The Sony had a more of a dark gray bezel, and IMO looked cheap and ugly. Also the Sony didn't have the 36 month no-interest like the Sammy did at BestBuy, where I got it.

And since the Samsung has an LED engine instead of the bulb, you save on bulb replacement down the road :)

this might be the kicker for me

which has smaller depth ??
i know the sony has more depth than most of the dlp tvs out there

I have an A3000 very good set. Wish I had got a 50 with stand when they were $999 on closeout...AHHH damn that was a deal.

Samsung has some issues just like the sony.
Either one is a nice set.

to get this kind of pic you would have to go $3k on an LCD with a smaller screen

saw transformers on a 73 mitsubishi and it blew my mind.
looked the same as my sony pic but the size was incredible

YEA I SAW them both side by side

i like the sony better i can get the 55 inch for 1589 or the 60inch for 1899

If your getting a dlp get and led one as the bulbs last ALOT longer, id look into plasma tho as they have the best picture other than crt, and dont worry about burn in because its practically non existent on new panny plasmas and pioneers unless u leave a like picture on the screen a really long time but you just leave a white image on it and it goes away in a few hours.

well in the end i got the better deal on the Sony 55inch A3000

I was able to get bestbuy to pricematch another retailer across the street
they were selling the Sony for 1589.99 bestbuy was selling theirs for 1999.99
they had the 55inch sammy and sony together side by side they are very close picture quality the sony looked sharper and had better blacks. The sammy had better color contrast and brighter. but i would have gone with a sammy i think because of the led bulb
but i couldn't get it anywhere close to the price of the samesung !
i got approved at bestbuy for 500 dollar credit limit i don;'t know why i have a much much higher limit on my other credit card but whatever it helps out. iam going to pay off the majority of this with my tax return obviously and i had some money saved so its all good
iam probably gonna pick up a ps3 40 giger on friday but iam still searching for a 20 gig or 60 gig or even used 80 gig
who knows i can't wait to get my tv. I feel like i got a great deal on a tv

yea i decided to go 55 inch because my living is not big enough i think to get good viewing angles on the 60inch. The 55 will fit perfect in my living room

i need to figure out what type of surge protector i need to get for this

any one with suggestions ?

I'm curious to know, why do you guys pick a rear projection TV instead of an LCD or Plasma. They have come down in prices to the <2K mark for a 50-60inch panel. Also, the non LED rear projections will be more expensive to operate due to the limited lifespan of the light bulb.

because you get a 55 inch tv for around 1500 dollars and the picture is movie theater quality. unlike plasma and lcd there is no burn in or dead pixel or motion blur

i mean the set i bought is full featured i would need to spend close to 3000 dollars or more
the only negatives to rear projection is viewing angles and honstly they aren't bad.
lcds and plasma degrade over time as well. At any moment a pixel can get stuck or die.
sure you might not notice it. but they still degrade over time. All you do with this tvs is replace teh blub after 3 or 4 years and the picture comes back like the day you bought it
i'm sure the bulbs will go down in price right now they are below or around 200 dollars.
you can buy a service plan that includes one free bulb replacement
My thinking is that by the time the bulb dies tvs will be thinner and cheaper
look at the new oled displays. thats the future right there!

my tv cost me 1679 out the door with 5 % sales tax

Back