Looking to buy a display

Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
2
I plan on replacing my current monitor and my television with one monitor. I was interested in the HP L2335, but I have a question. Has anyone had any experience using a TV as a monitor, especially in regards to gaming and watching video?

Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
 
You mean a monitor as a tv?

Well..TV LCDs come with TV tuners..and monitors usually don't...sooo...unless you gotta cable box or something.
 
Yes it would be running from a digital source to the monitor, but i was just wondering how LCD TVs hold up as computer monitors.
 
Well most LCD TVs have less resolution at the same size than their LCD monitor counterparts....but if you sit far away, that might not be too big a problem. However fonts might be small though..and hard to read,
 
I've been looking at the 37'' Westinghouse (W3 version, thinking of getting it before i go back to college in the fall)

1920x1080, 1000:1 contrast ratio... 8ms... has HDMI... Im in the same boat as you, Im currently using a dell 2005fwp and a smaller 15'' lcd for my computer.. I've wanted to get an HDTV before the school year and i'd like the option of having it as a computer monitor as well (I like the 1680x1050 on the 2005fwp but i want more :p)

Only problem I see with using an lcd tv as a computer monitor as well (even though it seems thats one of its purposes with vga, dvi and hdmi inputs) is that its actually 16:9 while the 2005fwp and most other widescreen monitors are 16:10
 
Back
Top