Looking to Build a 5.1 system

shifty68

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
2,190
Ok, I would like to build a new 5.1 set up for my pc, which I mostly use for gaming and watching movies. I currently have a horrible creative 5.1 system which I got for 80 bucks about 6 years ago.

I have set my budget to max 800 bucks for the sound card and the system, and now am at a loss of where to start. I was looking the already built systems on new egg but a friend told me that they were not worth getting, and that I should just build a system from scratch.

Any advice, to get me started in the right direction would be much appreciated.
 
There are lots of similar threads here in the forum start there.
Craigslist for used equipment, sometimes there are deals to be had. YMMV.
 
Mostly depends on how much of an audiophile you are. The upper tier computer systems such as the Z5500's are decent. If you have the space and the budget, you could simply go the HTIB route...or buy everything separately. All three of which will sound much better than an $80 system.
 
Back
Top